Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Seeking Research Participants
Hi, my name is Rosie Booth and I am currently researching issues of mobility and pressure to walk amongst mobility aid users with physical impairments, for my dissertation at Liverpool Hope University studying Disability Studies in Education. For this research I need participants who may be willing to be interviewed either in person or by email/telephone and asked questions regarding their experiences of mobility aid use within society. All participants will remain anonymous within the research and all their comments will be confidential.
The inclusion criteria for this research project is adults over the age of 18 in the UK who identify themselves as long-term mobility aid users.
This topic is one I feel very passionate about as a wheelchair user myself with embodied experience of the research topic. This research is an opportunity to explore other people’s lived experiences, and potentially the barriers and limitations placed upon us by society. This research has the opportunity to challenge socially constructed barriers placed upon mobility aid users. You will also benefit directly from this research because, once I have completed the research, I will send you a copy of the key findings of my research if you would like me to.
[removed by moderator]
- 55.2K All Categories
- 10.8K Start here and say hello!
- 5.3K Coffee lounge
- 4.1K Disability rights and campaigning
- 1.6K Research and opportunities
- 160 Community updates
- 12.3K Talk about your situation
- 1.8K Children, parents, and families
- 837 Work and employment
- 600 Education
- 1.2K Housing, transport, and independent living
- 1.1K Aids, adaptations, and equipment
- 302 Dating, sex, and relationships
- 268 Exercise and accessible facilities
- 22.3K Talk about money
- 2.3K Benefits and financial support
- 4.5K Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)
- 12.8K PIP, DLA, and AA
- 2.7K Universal Credit (UC)
- 4.2K Talk about your impairment
- 1.4K Cerebral palsy
- 704 Chronic pain and pain management
- 718 Rare, invisible, and undiagnosed conditions
- 771 Autism and neurodiversity
- 951 Mental health and wellbeing
- 314 Sensory impairments