Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Carers Allowance/Pension Lump Sum
I am in receipt of Carers Allowance for looking after my husband. I am approaching my 60th birthday and have a private pension that is due to mature. There is a lump sum of £11000 approx, which I am considering taking about 8500 this tax year and the remainder next tax year. I do not have any other income besides the Carers Allowance. If I add the Carers Allowance that I have had this year (only since July) and the £8500 of the lump sum. That should keep me below the tax threshold. But would it affect the Carers Allowance for this financial year/next
- 49.3K All Categories
- 9.8K Start here and say hello!
- 4K Coffee lounge
- 3.9K Disability rights and campaigning
- 1.4K Research and opportunities to get involved in
- 135 Community updates
- 11.5K Talk about your situation
- 1.7K Children, parents, and families
- 659 Work and employment
- 526 Education
- 970 Housing, transport, and independent living
- 926 Aids, adaptations, and equipment
- 245 Dating, sex, and relationships
- 249 Exercise and accessible facilities
- 19.5K Talk about money
- 1.8K Benefits and financial support
- 4.2K Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)
- 11.4K PIP, DLA, and AA
- 2K Universal Credit (UC)
- 3.6K Talk about your impairment
- 1.2K Cerebral palsy
- 587 Chronic pain and pain management
- 649 Rare, invisible, and undiagnosed conditions
- 703 Autism and neurodiversity
- 847 Mental health and wellbeing
- 287 Sensory impairments
Do you need advice on your energy costs?
Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.
Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.