Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
PIP Appeals - don't give up!
Hello everyone. I am a mother and carer for my 41 year old son who has mental health problems. I have represented him in 3 Tribunal Appeals (DLA, PIP and the disability element of Universal Credit) and been successful. For anyone about to go to an Appeal, I would say get as many reports as possible from GP's, mental health teams, psychologists, welfare officers or any other professional person who has had dealings with the person claiming. I also sent in my own report. The reports should then be sent to the Tribunal well before the hearing and they can be attached to an email rather than posting them. I also persuaded my son's support worker to come to his PIP Appeal. My husband and I were there too. All I can say to those who have been refused benefits is DON'T GIVE UP.
- 55.4K All Categories
- 10.8K Start here and say hello!
- 5.3K Coffee lounge
- 4.1K Disability rights and campaigning
- 1.6K Research and opportunities
- 160 Community updates
- 12.3K Talk about your situation
- 1.8K Children, parents, and families
- 841 Work and employment
- 601 Education
- 1.2K Housing, transport, and independent living
- 1.1K Aids, adaptations, and equipment
- 304 Dating, sex, and relationships
- 270 Exercise and accessible facilities
- 22.3K Talk about money
- 2.3K Benefits and financial support
- 4.5K Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)
- 12.8K PIP, DLA, and AA
- 2.7K Universal Credit (UC)
- 4.2K Talk about your impairment
- 1.4K Cerebral palsy
- 707 Chronic pain and pain management
- 719 Rare, invisible, and undiagnosed conditions
- 774 Autism and neurodiversity
- 953 Mental health and wellbeing
- 315 Sensory impairments
Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.
Do you need advice on your energy costs?
Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.