PIP, DLA and AA
If this is your first visit, check out the community guide. You will have to Join us or Sign in before you can post.

Hi, I'm a newbie looking for a bit of advice please...

Hered243Hered243 Member Posts: 2 Listener
edited February 2019 in PIP, DLA and AA
I receive PIP enhanced living and standard mobility allowance and i hold a disabilty blue badge. I have just written to DWP to see if they will change me to enhanced mobilty now as my walking has got increasingly worse over the last 3 months and I'm now unable to walk more than a dozen steps with my crutches without pain and fatigue... my question however is this... I have remitting and relapsing MS and my conditions can get dramatically worse or can improve a little... a relapse usually lasts around 6 months and then I'll recover a little whilst in remission before the whole cycle begins again, my concern is whether I should be telling the DWP everytime I'm in remission and risk them stopping my PIP only to have to reapply when I relapse again, which is inevitable. My disease is lifelong, debilitating and incurable but I have good months and bad months... I don't want to be accused of fraud when I'm in remission but worry if I stop my PIP I'll then end up having to start the whole year-long process all over again... what are people's thoughts on this please? Many thanks.

Replies

• thespicemanthespiceman Member Posts: 6,408 Disability Gamechanger
    Hello @Hered243 Pleased to meet you welcome.

Thank you for joining and sharing.

In response to your question I am unsure how to advise you. There will be members of our team or a member of our community. Who may advise you further.

I am one of the team of community champions who help and advise new members to the forum.

I can only add we are here as a community care and share and are friendly .

Please take care.

@thespiceman
    Community Champion
    SCOPE Volunteer Award Engaging Communities 2019
    Mental Health advice, guidance and information to all members
    Nutrition, Diet, Wellbeing, Addiction.
    Recipes
  • Hered243Hered243 Member Posts: 2 Listener
    Thanks for the welcome hun... my name is Heidi and I got diagnosed with MS following hospitilisation 3 years ago with transverse myelitis... any support and information I can get or experiences I've had that may be helpful to others, I'm happy to share. Take care... and nice to meet you. H xxx
  • Antonia_AlumniAntonia_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 1,781 Pioneering
    Welcome to the community @Hered243 and we appreciate sharing this with us. Some of our members may be able to answer your question about this. Please keep us updated about DWP.
  • FetlockFetlock Member Posts: 79 Courageous
    They should take into account how your condition affects you over the course of a year and the majority of the time (ie over 50% of the time) so you should be ok.
Sign in or join us to comment.