PIP review next week — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

PIP review next week

Options
delboy76
delboy76 Community member Posts: 1 Listener
edited February 2019 in PIP, DLA, and AA
Hi ive just had a letter saying ive got an anual review at my home next week...ive had a life changing leg injury 3 operations later my ankles still the same but ive been on pip for nearly two years and ive just been told ive now got athritis due to the trauma and im worried that they may stop my pip when they come to do my review next week...with all the stories ive seen recently...any aadvice out there...

Comments

• Ami2301
    Ami2301 Community member Posts: 7,942 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @delboy76 welcome to the community! Sorry to hear about your injury, do you have any upto date medical report?
    Disability Gamechanger - 2019
  • steve51
    steve51 Community member Posts: 7,153 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @delboy76

Welcome to our online community/family.

Yes it would be best to have an upto date “Medical Letter”

To back up your current situation.

Please please let me know how things go next week.

@steve51

• Adam_Alumni
    Adam_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 164 Pioneering
    Options

Hi @delboy76

I am sorry to hear of your injury.

With regard to your PIP review, Scope has some tips on Preparing for your PIP assessment.

I hope this helps you and the best of luck with your review.

• CockneyRebel
    CockneyRebel Community member Posts: 5,209 Disability Gamechanger
    Options

Try not to worry, the majority of stories that we hear are the ones that  are not successful and this is a very small percentage of  the overall picture.
    When you have your review the best advice is to be honest. HCP's are trained to see how your condition affects your functionality. In many cases, claimants have been wrongly advised to use their worst day as the norm. Every one has bad days and not so bad days. For a PIP award you only need to be affected for the majority of time, so if an HCP assesses you on your worst day then they will assume that you have better days also. Be prepared to explain the variablity of your condition. 

Be all you can be, make  every day count. Namaste

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.