Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Find out how to let us know.
Anxious about waiting time
Hello. Pleased to be on here now. I have received a letter re they have enough evidence to reach a decision re whether to award me PIP. Then I had a few very rare and good days and wrote to them, saying I’d been well about a week, and clarifying some issues, which I realise could have been written better. I really hope ive not messed thinhs up. I’ve read some threads on pip, and am going to take the advice offered to someone else, on Monday, and ring them. It’s severe and enduring mental illness, Crohn’s disease, rheumatoid arthritis, M.E. (Thé m.e. in remission now) and hypothyroidism that I struggle with as well as being immunosuppressed due to the meds. I’m trying not to get anxious about this. Anyone know how long it may be until I hear? Especially having sent that letter just the day before receiving a DWP letter stating they have enough evidence.
- 48.2K All Categories
- 9.6K Start here and say hello!
- 3.8K Coffee lounge
- 3.9K Disability rights and campaigning
- 1.4K News and opportunities
- 134 Community updates
- 11.3K Talk about your situation
- 1.6K Children, parents, and families
- 610 Work and employment
- 511 Education
- 930 Housing, transport, and independent living
- 903 Aids, adaptations, and equipment
- 236 Dating, sex, and relationships
- 245 Exercise and accessible facilities
- 19K Talk about money
- 1.7K Benefits and financial support
- 4.2K Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)
- 11.2K PIP, DLA, and AA
- 1.9K Universal Credit (UC)
- 3.5K Talk about your impairment
- 1.2K Cerebral palsy
- 575 Chronic pain and pain management
- 631 Rare, invisible, and undiagnosed conditions
- 683 Autism and neurodiversity
- 815 Mental health and wellbeing
- 282 Sensory impairments
Do you need advice on your energy costs?
Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.