PLEASE READ HELP NEEDED — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

PLEASE READ HELP NEEDED

Options
dellboy87
dellboy87 Community member Posts: 11 Connected
Im not sure that this is allowed but im a registered carer caring for a 27 year old disabled lady who has been struggling for over 3 years with severe dis repair issues within her rented home . The housing association wont help as its planned works for a new roof .and will take up to 4 years . cut a long story short she has been struggling with her disabilitys both mental and physical and to top it all off due to the roof damage she has lost all of her possesions through severe water damage . I have set up a go fund me page for her to try and get her into diffrent accomodation so i was wondering if all you lovely people could share the link to any social media sites as i dont have any , it would be very much appreciated   . Please remove if this is not allowed     [link removed by moderator]   

Comments

• Ami2301
    Ami2301 Community member Posts: 7,942 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    I am very sorry to hear about the young lady's circumstances. Unfortunately, this is not allowed so admin will remove the link, sorry. I really do hope she is rehouse very soon! 
    Disability Gamechanger - 2019
  • dellboy87
    Options
    I thought it would be . I was hoping people would help share it on social media as i dont have any social media accounts .. thanks for letting me know
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,978 Disability Gamechanger
    edited February 2019
    Options
    Hi,

Ami is correct, links like that aren't allowed i'm afraid. You can edit your own post and remove the link in the top right hand side of the box.

In the meantime, people shouldn't be allowed to live in a property like that  and there is rules and regulations around properties being fit for human habitation. I would definitely advise you and your friend to get further advice regarding this because your friends landlord can't possibly let anyone live like that. These links will help you.

Contact shelter for further help and advice.

I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • dellboy87
    Options
    Yes your right we have solicitors working on the case but as you know these things take time we have had environmental health, ,property surveyors ,,its been confirmed the home doesnt meet the basic homes standard .. i have exhausted all avenues things are moving slowly with the legal side of things but its not helping much in the here and now .. 
    I will remove the post thanks
  • Roddy
    Roddy Community member Posts: 445 Pioneering
    Options
    Hi Dellboy, Rodders here!

It 'may be' too late, but your first port of call is your local Environmental Enforcement Officer, who will inspect the home. The landlord will then be required by law (and within a given timeframe) to either re-house the tenant whilst and during the work is done, and to make every repair demanded. Some landlords will try to bypass this and/or deliberately neglect a property in order to have their tenant rehoused to a smaller property for example, and then do the work and market the property again.. Once the tenant moves away, it is exceedingly difficult to regain the tenancy. 

Occupational Therapists should also be contacted as a matter of urgency, as so too are Adult Protection Social Services. Depending upon the financial situation of your 'friend' and the medical needs etc., the Local Authority also have a duty to rehouse the person whatever that entails, and immediately.     
  • dellboy87
    Options
    Yes we have had 4 independent reports so far one from environmental health 2 from independent surveyors and 1 from the housing association too they agreed works needed doing and did make a very poor start a few roof tiles where replaced . Which does not any where near reflect what needed doing within the reports .. our solicitor will be issuing court proceedings  but it seems to take forever in the meantime shes having to suffer / wait .. 
    The gp reports show the decline in health from the issues shes dealing with .. it seems to be a nightmare getting things moving 

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.