Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)
If this is your first visit, check out the community guide. You will have to Join us or Sign in before you can post.

Do i have to make a new claim?

sambobsambob Member Posts: 12 Listener
Hi I was wondering if anyone can help me 
Me and my missus are on the verge of splitting up and I was wondering could I take her off my claim and would I have to make a new claim for myself? Also can 2 people claim 2 different benefits at 1 address as we both still live in the same place and it's a joint tenancy 


  • Dotty123Dotty123 Member Posts: 492 Pioneering
    New claim both of you may take long while proof you arnt together 
  • sambobsambob Member Posts: 12 Listener
    Ok thankyou dotty123 
  • poppy123456poppy123456 Member Posts: 22,218 Disability Gamechanger

    I'm afraid it won't be as easy as making a new claim. If you are claiming as a couple now and still living together then DWP could possible still class you as a couple. If one of you moved out then yes you could claim as single people, if you have split up.

    You really do need to get expert advice here and speak to an advice centre near you.

    Proud winner of the 2019 empowering others award. This award was given for supporting disabled people and their families for the benefit advice I have given to members here on the community.
  • sambobsambob Member Posts: 12 Listener
    Thankyou poppy123456 I will ring them to see what they have to say about it thankyou again
Sign in or join us to comment.