Do i have to make a new claim? — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Do i have to make a new claim?

Options
sambob
sambob Community member Posts: 14 Connected
Hi I was wondering if anyone can help me 
Me and my missus are on the verge of splitting up and I was wondering could I take her off my claim and would I have to make a new claim for myself? Also can 2 people claim 2 different benefits at 1 address as we both still live in the same place and it's a joint tenancy 

Comments

• Dotty123
    Dotty123 Community member Posts: 492 Pioneering
    Options
    New claim both of you may take long while proof you arnt together 
  • sambob
    Options
    Ok thankyou dotty123 
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,056 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi,

I'm afraid it won't be as easy as making a new claim. If you are claiming as a couple now and still living together then DWP could possible still class you as a couple. If one of you moved out then yes you could claim as single people, if you have split up.

You really do need to get expert advice here and speak to an advice centre near you.

I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • sambob
    Options
    Thankyou poppy123456 I will ring them to see what they have to say about it thankyou again

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.