PIP Confusion /// DWP rang with offer to settle but tribunal was same day?? — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

PIP Confusion /// DWP rang with offer to settle but tribunal was same day??

roman
roman Community member Posts: 2 Listener
hello,
on 26/02/19 i recieved a phonecall from DWP saying after reviewing my case they could offer me enhanced living rate and standard mobility rate, and asked me if would like to accept this, i said yes, he said he would send the letter out the following day to confirm it. 2 days later, today i receive a letter from HM courts and tribunals saying my appeal was heard, and i am not entitled to daily living , and entilted to standard mobility. this letter is dated from the same day i recived a phonecall asking if i wanted to accept the DWP's offer. Does anyone have any idea what will happen now? 

Comments

• JCC
    JCC Community member Posts: 38 Courageous
    Hello,  I am sorry to hear of the predicament you find yourself in.   I believe it would be worth a phone call to the DWP and ask them what is going on and/or to the Tribunal to tell them about the phone call you had.  It would appear that they haven’t spoken to each other.   Best wishes
  • roman
    roman Community member Posts: 2 Listener
    OK thanks for your reply, i have been really worried to ring either of them, hoping that DWP's offer will still stand... im assuming the DWP will retract their offer after receiving the information from the tribunal. 

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.