Housing and independent living
If this is your first visit, check out the community guide. You will have to Join us or Sign in before you can post.

Social services

hasshass Member Posts: 126 Courageous

Hi  all Hope everyone is well?

Does anyone know if social services can help with housing. 
Thank you 


  • wilkowilko Member Posts: 2,352 Disability Gamechanger
    Hello and welcome, depending on your personal circumstances, the social services will help if children, or you are disabled. The law dosent stipulate what help the social services have to provide or given assistant to it may depends on your circumstances or needs.
  • Pippa_AlumniPippa_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,851 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @hass, is there a particular kind of help you're looking for? Do tell us more and we'll do our best to advise!
  • happy91happy91 Member Posts: 101 Pioneering
    @hass No, social services will not help with housing. You need to approach the local council for that. If you live somewhere and can get social help in, then you can contact social services for live in support. You have to be in your own, non-supported accomodation.

Sign in or join us to comment.