Lousy day — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Lousy day

CARL58
CARL58 Community member Posts: 178 Courageous
Having a lousy day in chronic pain from my osteoarthritis.none of my medication is relieving it.on top of that the scaring from my brain injury is painful today.shooting pains in my left temple and hyper-campus will be back when feeling better.take care all.

Comments

• thespiceman
    thespiceman Community member Posts: 6,388 Disability Gamechanger
    Hello @CARL58   Sorry to hear that your not good. Anything I can suggest or support you with?

Wishing you well .

Take care.

@thespiceman
    Community Champion
    SCOPE Volunteer Award Engaging Communities 2019
    Mental Health advice, guidance and information to all members
    Nutrition, Diet, Wellbeing, Addiction.
    Recipes
  • CARL58
    @thespiceman nothing really it's something I have to live with but thank you for caring.these are the things DWP never see.i can just remember one face to face assessment I was in such a state I was violently sick all over the receptionist.& Back then all over the dr.sent me straight home he was disgusted I had been called for an assessment.he put down never to be recalled.as my illness and disabilities wouldn't improve.doubt there take any notice of that.but cos I have violent outbursts due to abuse and brain injury.which I cannot controll when confronted by any male who attempts to get into my space.even my GP., district nursre.chiropotist, dentist.have to be all female.ive no male friends what so ever because I can't be in the same room as men.even my disabled mini bus driver is female.or I cannot get out with my lady friend.its horrible but when you've been abused serverlly nobody can truly understand or they want to plead ignorance.so sorry for the rant.take care pal
  • CockneyRebel
    CockneyRebel Community member Posts: 5,209 Disability Gamechanger
    Please, never apologise for having a rant. Sometimes it can help to get things off your chest. Know that we are here to listen and support you in anyway we can
    Be all you can be, make  every day count. Namaste
  • CARL58
  • thespiceman
    thespiceman Community member Posts: 6,388 Disability Gamechanger
    edited March 2019
    Hello @CARL58 Thank you for sharing with me . Please do not apologise for having a rant.

That is what we are here for.

To listen, be supportive, offer a helping hand.  Anything we can help and advise with.

All I can add because I have and do understand your own personal circumstances.

Because I have been there myself.  I hope you do not mind me sharing.

Come from a family who had a certain member who had issues and problems with.

No one expects this to happen .  Especially when the abuse, physical and mental comes from a parent.

Still had trauma meeting ladies like my Mother now.  Had every relationship was like my Mother. No one talks about violence in relationships where it is the female partner hitting you.

I never expected that ever.

One of the good things was moving away and starting afresh. 

Speaking to support workers who were all female which was difficult at first.  This was a major hurdle to over come.

I was sitting at one end of the sofa in my home they were the other end.

Not talking they did not even know till I had to tell them one of them..  The reasons I had to because in mental health if you do not make some sort of effort to help yourself.

They will stop coming and leave.  Part of the recovery and way forward. Learnt that one straight away.

Even my friends who I had did not know.  Only in the last few years met a few members like myself on this forum discussing it privately.

One of the also reason had  my addiction. . I am clean from the addiction but the mental health stays.

What has helped and my trust in being open and honest means I have on this forum met many good friends.

Who are ladies who we support each other. 

Will admit do not consider myself looking for a relationship with a lady.

That is a hurdle for me to over come and for me the stone in my path.

Wish you well and hope you take care.

@thespiceman

Community Champion
    SCOPE Volunteer Award Engaging Communities 2019
    Mental Health advice, guidance and information to all members
    Nutrition, Diet, Wellbeing, Addiction.
    Recipes
  • CARL58
    @thespiceman I'm pleased that your addiction free.what makes it worse both parents were police officers.so you can imagine even today I'm petrified of police uniform even though there uniform is different today.the sicological side is so deeply ingrained.the scars will never heal.an abuse counsellor said it's very very deep & it was making me worse even though I tried it.they were frightened if I totally opened up it may destroy me completely.& a third mental breakdown could be my last, my father it was so terribly evil & brutal he's left me basically existing.if I use the word it means him.if there's a devil then IT was him take care.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.