Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Popular myths and misinformation when claiming PIP
The internet is a wonderful thing but not everything you read is correct
Most claims are refused first time and go to appeal
Most claims are awarded first time but we never hear about them
HCP's are paid bonuses to fail claimants
HCP's do not have any incentive to fail a claimant, most will go out of their way to help
Always claim on the basis of your worst day
This is one of the worst things you can do. PIP is awarded on how you are for the majority of time. HCP's will match their observations with your PIP2 Form
I am sure you can think of more please feel free to add your own
Be all you can be, make every day count. Namaste
- 55.4K All Categories
- 10.8K Start here and say hello!
- 5.3K Coffee lounge
- 4.1K Disability rights and campaigning
- 1.6K Research and opportunities
- 160 Community updates
- 12.3K Talk about your situation
- 1.8K Children, parents, and families
- 842 Work and employment
- 601 Education
- 1.2K Housing, transport, and independent living
- 1.1K Aids, adaptations, and equipment
- 305 Dating, sex, and relationships
- 270 Exercise and accessible facilities
- 22.3K Talk about money
- 2.3K Benefits and financial support
- 4.5K Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)
- 12.9K PIP, DLA, and AA
- 2.7K Universal Credit (UC)
- 4.2K Talk about your impairment
- 1.4K Cerebral palsy
- 709 Chronic pain and pain management
- 719 Rare, invisible, and undiagnosed conditions
- 774 Autism and neurodiversity
- 953 Mental health and wellbeing
- 315 Sensory impairments
Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.
Do you need advice on your energy costs?
Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.