Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
World Book Day 2019
When's the last time you picked up a really good book? If you can't recall, then you're probably not alone.
31% of us don't read in our free time, rising to 46% of young people aged between 16 to 24, according to a survey conducted by the Reading Agency.
With modern technology serving to distract us every minute of every day, it can be difficult to incorporate reading into our everyday activities.
But if you find yourself missing that new book smell or just want to reclaim that feeling of finishing a good novel, there's never been a better week to get back to basics.
You can read the full story on the Evening Standard website on how you can celebrate this World Book Day.
What was your favourite childhood book?
Did you read this to your children, if so what is their favourite character?
Are there any books you are reading now or just finished, that you would like to share with us?
- 55.3K All Categories
- 10.8K Start here and say hello!
- 5.3K Coffee lounge
- 4.1K Disability rights and campaigning
- 1.6K Research and opportunities
- 160 Community updates
- 12.3K Talk about your situation
- 1.8K Children, parents, and families
- 840 Work and employment
- 600 Education
- 1.2K Housing, transport, and independent living
- 1.1K Aids, adaptations, and equipment
- 302 Dating, sex, and relationships
- 270 Exercise and accessible facilities
- 22.3K Talk about money
- 2.3K Benefits and financial support
- 4.5K Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)
- 12.8K PIP, DLA, and AA
- 2.7K Universal Credit (UC)
- 4.2K Talk about your impairment
- 1.4K Cerebral palsy
- 705 Chronic pain and pain management
- 718 Rare, invisible, and undiagnosed conditions
- 774 Autism and neurodiversity
- 952 Mental health and wellbeing
- 314 Sensory impairments