PIP claim — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.

PIP claim

AnnaTheOwlcat Member Posts: 2 Listener
edited March 2019 in PIP, DLA, and AA
Hi, I have had ME since the 1990s and was rebranded as CFS last year when I had to give up work. While i was in Australia last year I had to see a doctor who told me due to my pain levels I should be diagnosed with fibromyalgia. As I didnt get a letter from him my GP wont accept this. My regular GP retired last year and i am having problems building up trust with the other doctors at the surgery despite my extensive medical history,  and feel unsupported as a result. Im currently on the support group for ESA and about to fill in a PIP claim, but am worried that the doctors could undermine my claim if they have misrepresented what i have told them about my symptoms and dont know if i can challenge this. I went to a pain management clinic last year but saw a psychiatrist there, she wrote a lot of wrong information in her report against what i had said and only diagnosed anxiety. A friend said i could get a copy of my medical records but im not sure how you do this. Any advice welcome.. 



Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.