PIP claim — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

PIP claim

Options
AnnaTheOwlcat
AnnaTheOwlcat Community member Posts: 2 Listener
edited March 2019 in PIP, DLA, and AA
Hi, I have had ME since the 1990s and was rebranded as CFS last year when I had to give up work. While i was in Australia last year I had to see a doctor who told me due to my pain levels I should be diagnosed with fibromyalgia. As I didnt get a letter from him my GP wont accept this. My regular GP retired last year and i am having problems building up trust with the other doctors at the surgery despite my extensive medical history,  and feel unsupported as a result. Im currently on the support group for ESA and about to fill in a PIP claim, but am worried that the doctors could undermine my claim if they have misrepresented what i have told them about my symptoms and dont know if i can challenge this. I went to a pain management clinic last year but saw a psychiatrist there, she wrote a lot of wrong information in her report against what i had said and only diagnosed anxiety. A friend said i could get a copy of my medical records but im not sure how you do this. Any advice welcome.. 

Comments

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.