Carer's allowance
If this is your first visit, check out the community guide. You will have to Join us or Sign in before you can post.

Not been paid carers allowance? Will it affect UC?

kazza99kazza99 Member Posts: 2 Listener
edited March 2019 in Carer's allowance
Hi im in receipt of universal credit with carers element i applied for carers allowance in oct got 1 payment as i was working part time i finished work in November sent all relevant information to carers allowance they received it on 18th dec ive still not been paid off them will i get back dated and how will it affect my uc thanx 

Replies

• poppy123456poppy123456 Member Posts: 22,218 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi,

When claiming Carers allowance and UC, the carers allowance is deducted £1 for £1 from the UC. Carers allowance pay you separately. Is there carers allowance being deducted from your UC payments?
    Proud winner of the 2019 empowering others award. This award was given for supporting disabled people and their families for the benefit advice I have given to members here on the community.
  • kazza99kazza99 Member Posts: 2 Listener
    Will my carers allowance be backdated and will it just effect 1 payment of uc thanx 
  • poppy123456poppy123456 Member Posts: 22,218 Disability Gamechanger
    Carer allowance isn't backdated because it's deducted £1 for £1 from your UC payment, this means you're already receiving payment in with your UC payment if it's not deducted.
    Proud winner of the 2019 empowering others award. This award was given for supporting disabled people and their families for the benefit advice I have given to members here on the community.
Sign in or join us to comment.