Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Awaiting medical assesment
sessment appointment in Scotland, I suffer from severe anxiety and have tried to live with it, it has got to the stage where I can barely leave the house for work and look for work so i have been sent the form which I filled in and sent back. I am worried that after the assessment I will be seen as fit for work or limited capability for work as this means while having to see doctors etc to get my anxiety sorted that I will be left penniless until I'm back at work. Does severe anxiety count as being unfit for work? Other info, I'm on universal credit and currently receive money towards my send and a standard allowance. Any help wpuld be appreciated thanks
- 53.1K All Categories
- 10.4K Start here and say hello!
- 4.8K Coffee lounge
- 4K Disability rights and campaigning
- 1.5K Research and opportunities to get involved in
- 149 Community updates
- 12K Talk about your situation
- 1.8K Children, parents, and families
- 761 Work and employment
- 578 Education
- 1.1K Housing, transport, and independent living
- 1K Aids, adaptations, and equipment
- 277 Dating, sex, and relationships
- 264 Exercise and accessible facilities
- 21.2K Talk about money
- 2.1K Benefits and financial support
- 4.4K Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)
- 12.3K PIP, DLA, and AA
- 2.5K Universal Credit (UC)
- 4K Talk about your impairment
- 1.3K Cerebral palsy
- 676 Chronic pain and pain management
- 700 Rare, invisible, and undiagnosed conditions
- 751 Autism and neurodiversity
- 929 Mental health and wellbeing
- 298 Sensory impairments
Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.
Do you need advice on your energy costs?
Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.