Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
help with social services for funding
Hi, I'm looking for help when dealing with social services. My partner and her disabled son are moving in with me, shes' pregnant and although my house is bigger than hers it still needs adaptation so we're in talks with social services etc.. They are being a unreasonable when it comes to the help we need. First by looking at alternative housing which for us isn't an option and now by suggesting unrealistic adaptions. I feel that they might be under some kind of money saving protocol so im just looking for help from anyone whose been in the same situation. Is there any rights or demands that we can make as obviously moving in time is a major factor now as my partner becomes more heavily pregnant, thanks.
- 53.1K All Categories
- 10.4K Start here and say hello!
- 4.8K Coffee lounge
- 4K Disability rights and campaigning
- 1.5K Research and opportunities to get involved in
- 149 Community updates
- 12K Talk about your situation
- 1.8K Children, parents, and families
- 762 Work and employment
- 579 Education
- 1.1K Housing, transport, and independent living
- 1K Aids, adaptations, and equipment
- 278 Dating, sex, and relationships
- 264 Exercise and accessible facilities
- 21.2K Talk about money
- 2.1K Benefits and financial support
- 4.4K Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)
- 12.3K PIP, DLA, and AA
- 2.5K Universal Credit (UC)
- 4K Talk about your impairment
- 1.3K Cerebral palsy
- 676 Chronic pain and pain management
- 700 Rare, invisible, and undiagnosed conditions
- 751 Autism and neurodiversity
- 929 Mental health and wellbeing
- 298 Sensory impairments
Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.