World Sleep Day 2019
Do you get the sleep you need? Today is World Sleep Day, a day designed to raise awareness of the importance sleep plays in a healthy lifestyle. But while everyone might need it, sleep doesn’t come easily for all of us. In fact, according to the Great British Sleeping Statistics survey only 6% of us get the recommended 8 hours of sleep a night and over time those lost hours can certainly start to stack up.
So, whether you have insomnia, struggle to put your kids to bed, or find your impairment causes you difficulties when sleeping, what tips to getting a good night’s sleep would you give to someone in the same situation?
Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
- 48.1K All Categories
- 9.6K Start here and say hello!
- 3.8K Coffee lounge
- 3.9K Disability rights and campaigning
- 1.4K News and opportunities
- 134 Community updates
- 11.3K Talk about your situation
- 1.6K Children, parents, and families
- 608 Work and employment
- 509 Education
- 926 Housing, transport, and independent living
- 903 Aids, adaptations, and equipment
- 236 Dating, sex, and relationships
- 245 Exercise and accessible facilities
- 19K Talk about money
- 1.7K Benefits and financial support
- 4.2K Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)
- 11.2K PIP, DLA, and AA
- 1.9K Universal Credit (UC)
- 3.5K Talk about your impairment
- 1.2K Cerebral palsy
- 573 Chronic pain and pain management
- 631 Rare, invisible, and undiagnosed conditions
- 681 Autism and neurodiversity
- 814 Mental health and wellbeing
- 282 Sensory impairments
Do you need advice on your energy costs?
Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.