World Sleep Day 2019
Do you get the sleep you need? Today is World Sleep Day, a day designed to raise awareness of the importance sleep plays in a healthy lifestyle. But while everyone might need it, sleep doesn’t come easily for all of us. In fact, according to the Great British Sleeping Statistics survey only 6% of us get the recommended 8 hours of sleep a night and over time those lost hours can certainly start to stack up.
So, whether you have insomnia, struggle to put your kids to bed, or find your impairment causes you difficulties when sleeping, what tips to getting a good night’s sleep would you give to someone in the same situation?
Tell us how to make the community better for you. Complete our feedback form.
- 49.3K All Categories
- 9.8K Start here and say hello!
- 4K Coffee lounge
- 3.9K Disability rights and campaigning
- 1.4K Research and opportunities to get involved in
- 135 Community updates
- 11.5K Talk about your situation
- 1.7K Children, parents, and families
- 658 Work and employment
- 526 Education
- 969 Housing, transport, and independent living
- 925 Aids, adaptations, and equipment
- 245 Dating, sex, and relationships
- 249 Exercise and accessible facilities
- 19.5K Talk about money
- 1.8K Benefits and financial support
- 4.2K Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)
- 11.4K PIP, DLA, and AA
- 2K Universal Credit (UC)
- 3.6K Talk about your impairment
- 1.2K Cerebral palsy
- 586 Chronic pain and pain management
- 648 Rare, invisible, and undiagnosed conditions
- 703 Autism and neurodiversity
- 845 Mental health and wellbeing
- 287 Sensory impairments