If this is your first visit, check out the community guide. You will have to Join us or Sign in before you can post.

Attending Tribunal to challenge PIP decission

onhisbehalfonhisbehalf Member Posts: 1 Listener
edited March 2019 in PIP, DLA and AA
Can I go to the tribunal hearing challenging DWP decission on PIP on behalf of my son who has biopolar and is very unlikely to attend himself due to his frewuent change of mood depression and manic state.


  • poppy123456poppy123456 Member Posts: 22,218 Disability Gamechanger

    If you're his appointee then yes i believe you can attend on behalf of him, otherwise no, he'll need to attend.
    Proud winner of the 2019 empowering others award. This award was given for supporting disabled people and their families for the benefit advice I have given to members here on the community.
  • BenefitsTrainingCoBenefitsTrainingCo Member Posts: 2,692 Pioneering
    Hi onhisbehalf,

    Yes you can attend the tribunal on your son's behalf if you are his appointee or he is aged under 16.

    If he is aged over 16 and claiming PIP in his own right it is best if your son can attend but if not then you should go and explain why he isn't able to attend and try and give a full picture of you son's difficulties and how he meets the descriptors for PIP. Have a look at the PIP pages on the Scope website. Take along any medical letters or information you think might be useful. If your son isn't attending, keeping a diary of a typical day and the kind of help and support he needs and taking that could be useful.


    The Benefits Training Co:
    Paul Bradley
    Michael Chambers
    Will Hadwen
    Sarah Hayle
    Maria Solomon
    David Stickland
Sign in or join us to comment.