Pip assessment report — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Pip assessment report

Options
Johno79
Johno79 Community member Posts: 2 Listener
edited March 2019 in PIP, DLA, and AA
Hi I had my pip assessment last week what I thought was just horrible. And they say they are here to help. They say that there job is to make sure the dwp understands your illness.. Wow 2 days after the assessment I had a text from dwp saying they got my report. So I called them straight away for a copy. Come the next day and I just can't believe it. I ain't had my decision yet but I know for sure it will be zero points. I suffer with mental health. Depression and extreme anxiety. Trying to explain to the assment officer. About good days and bad days was pointless I could not get a word in she would only listen to what she wanted to and that shows on the report as everything I said she has put the opposite. In a 25 min interview with a nurse who probably got no experience with mental health. have done a report making out there is not one thing wrong with me. I have been sectioned 4 times have had meny sucide attempts self harmed and never hardly leave my home. Had to move in with my mother as I was struggling to get to appointments and control my medication. But yet she have said basically there's nothing wrong with me. I had to have a ambulance the day after my report as I had sucidel thoughts due to the stress of it. But yet she said low risk of self harm and sucide. I can control my budgets but I told her I'm in debt because I would be to ill to open bills and deal with them. Told her I cant control meds as sometimes I'm to ill to collect them. But she said I can told her I can't go on public transport. But she says I can got out any place on my own the list goes on. Why on earth would this woman lie. Did she just not like my face. This report has made me so ill. Surely people like this can not be doing this type of job. 

Comments

• thespiceman
    thespiceman Community member Posts: 6,388 Disability Gamechanger
    Options

Hello @Johno79 Pleased to meet you welcome.

Thank you for joining and sharing. Sorry to hear what you have been through.

I am one of the team of community champions who guide, advise and help new members who join the forum.

I can identify what you are going through. I have mental health issues myself and have been through a lot of assessments.

From reading the post you have sent you have not received the outcome.  I believe. I would wait first but also we are here to be supportive and advise you.

There are options available to you when you receive the outcome. We as a community are here to guide you through those.

Understand the report may be distressing and cause you some problems and issues. I do understand that as well. All the reports I have had been flexible with the truth and  was generally misunderstood.

Please can I make a suggestion.  Are you receiving any support with your mental health?

I use mental health charities. Used this one last time.

https://www.richmondfellowship.org.uk.

They can help with your wellbeing as well offer floating support and a outreach worker. Also this may help and advise you with welfare and benefit support, assistance.

Something to consider.

Please can I also advise speak to your Doctor to see anything further. They can offer additional support with.

After every assessment I had . Made an appointment with my Doctor to assess the results and outcome. Often talking helps and reassures you to think positivity.

I am only too happy to be supportive and offer anything further.

Keep in touch.

Pleasure to meet you.

Take care.

@thespiceman

Community Champion
    SCOPE Volunteer Award Engaging Communities 2019
    Mental Health advice, guidance and information to all members
    Nutrition, Diet, Wellbeing, Addiction.
    Recipes
  • Antonia_Alumni
    Antonia_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 1,780 Pioneering
    Options
    Hi @Johno79 thank you for sharing this with us. I am sorry to hear about this. I am hoping you get a positive outcome. If not, you may want to consider appealing a DWP benefits decision

As @thespiceman mentioned you may want to get in touch with your GP for additional support.

You are a member of our community and we appreciate you.

If you are having thoughts of suicide, it is important that you discuss them with someone who is qualified to help. Please call the Samaritans on 116 123 (free) or email them at jo@samaritans.org

You might also benefit from reading MIND’s information on how you can help yourself.

If you feel that you may be an immediate danger to yourself, please call 999 or go to your local hospital right away. 

Please keep us updated and we will be happy to support you.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.