Tell us your experiences of benefits
Hi there, Phil here from Scope's Content team. This is an urgent call out for new benefits stories.
We’d like to speak to people about their negative experiences of PIP, ESA and Universal Credit. This would likely involve a recorded phone chat or face to face chat with one of the Content team. From this, a transcript of the conversation will be sent to you to amend or approve.
Once approved, we might like to use elements of your transcript in Scope content, including social media posts, website articles, reports etc. If a story is really strong, we may ask you if you would be comfortable speaking to press and maybe get you to do a photoshoot.
Subjects which we are interested in hearing about:
- People scoring 0 in their assessments
- People taking their cases to appeal
- Factually incorrect assessments
- People struggling with bills because of their benefits
- Experiences of the assessment process as a whole
- Moving from one benefit to the other
If you would like to find out more information or tell us a bit about your story, get in touch at [email protected]
We understand this is a very sensitive subject and we will treat your story in complete confidence. We never publish anyone's story without their permission and you will always have final say in how it is being used.
- 54.1K All Categories
- 10.6K Start here and say hello!
- 5.1K Coffee lounge
- 4K Disability rights and campaigning
- 1.5K Research and opportunities
- 156 Community updates
- 12.1K Talk about your situation
- 1.8K Children, parents, and families
- 797 Work and employment
- 589 Education
- 1.2K Housing, transport, and independent living
- 1K Aids, adaptations, and equipment
- 292 Dating, sex, and relationships
- 266 Exercise and accessible facilities
- 21.7K Talk about money
- 2.2K Benefits and financial support
- 4.4K Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)
- 12.6K PIP, DLA, and AA
- 2.6K Universal Credit (UC)
- 4.1K Talk about your impairment
- 1.3K Cerebral palsy
- 688 Chronic pain and pain management
- 707 Rare, invisible, and undiagnosed conditions
- 759 Autism and neurodiversity
- 938 Mental health and wellbeing
- 311 Sensory impairments
Do you need advice on your energy costs?
Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.