misdiagnosed — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

misdiagnosed

Susan46
Susan46 Community member Posts: 16 Connected
edited March 2019 in PIP, DLA, and AA
hi.
i am awaiting PIP tribunal date. all medical evidence sent in was to do with spinal /neck issues of which my gp assumed was main cause of my health issues. 
in my MR form it states  medical tests investigations still ongoing. everyone who knew me said that the symptoms i had were more than just bulging discs. on original claim form i wrote 90percent of symptoms down of which WDP acknowledged some but denied me others. after fighting with gp i got 2nd opinion and i have FND which makes total sense of everything now. my gp said i was very unlucky that i got bulging discs in neck/spine and Fnd at same time. FND was diagnosed after my MR. 
i have received pack from court but no new medical evidence is in it and CAB claims they sent it. they are coming to represent me at tribunal. 
court has asked for tribunal to be quashed as they say the medical evidence and dr notes etc all confirm its issues with neck and spine and with aids i can do virtually everything on my own which is a load of rubbish because i have suffered every symptom of FND and to a high extent that it interferes and effects my daily life every single day. 
the symptoms were written on original claim form. bit full diagnosis was not until 6 months later. this diagnosis can explain everything i go through and why i had the profound disabling symptoms from day 1 but if they refuse to accept the new evidence, where do i go from here as its been over a year now that ive been unable to walk and got so many issues that never seem to go away?

Comments

• Bevvy7andover
    Bevvy7andover Community member Posts: 38 Connected
    Have yu spoke with your local citazens advice I’m sure they would be able to get you on the right track x
  • CockneyRebel
    CockneyRebel Community member Posts: 5,209 Disability Gamechanger
    It is usual for the DWP to ask that a tribunal appeal is quashed.
    One of the reasons that you are sent a copy of the bundle is to check that all your evidence is included. As you have identified that some evidence is missing you should send copies to the tribunal along with your submission
    Be all you can be, make  every day count. Namaste
  • Susan46
    Susan46 Community member Posts: 16 Connected
    we spoke with CAB today. she said she now looks at bundle and makes sure everything is there. then i meet with their representative to go over the pack and also help me st tribunal. thank you
  • Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 10,821 Scope online community team
    edited March 2019
    It's great you're getting help from CAB at your tribunal @Susan46. Be sure to follow @CockneyRebel's advice and send copies of the missing evidence to the tribunal. Hopefully CAB will be able to assist you with this.
    Please let us know if you have any other questions and keep in touch to let us know how you're getting on.
    Community Manager
    Scope

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.