Won my court tribunal for pip — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Won my court tribunal for pip

ste350
ste350 Community member Posts: 22 Listener
Attended court on the 12th March after a assessor told lies about my assessment and so my mandatory reconsideration was also dismissed. It has been 12 months since my assessment and I was put on the lower rate for both. My wife and I were told to write some examples of daily life and how  it effects me which my wife did. I also contacted Welfare Rights who were brilliant and the lady from Welfare Rights met us at court. When we got to court and went in we met two judges and one doctor and as soon as we sat down they said they had amended the daily living with the information my wife, doctor and rheumatologist had provided. After a few questions from the Doctor we went outside and waited. About ten minutes later an assistant came out and said the mobility component had also been put back up as well. 12 months of worrying because one assessor tried her best to discriminate me and tell lies. Luckily my wife made notes all the way through the assessment putting down everything the assessor asked me to do so when she said I had done things that I hadn't I new she was lying. May be they get a bonus for how many people they can get off the higher rate?

Comments

• CockneyRebel
    CockneyRebel Community member Posts: 5,209 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi ste350

Well done on getting your award amended.

The myth that assessors get bonuses for denying awards keeps on rearing its head despite it being completely untrue
    Be all you can be, make  every day count. Namaste

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.