PIP home visit — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.

PIP home visit

stevethemanc Member Posts: 5 Listener
edited March 2019 in PIP, DLA, and AA
I am having a PIP  home visit on the 4th April, I suffer from agitated depression, psychosis, and paranoia. I get very very agitated and (appear to those that do not know me) to be very irate, threatening, and start to lose control of my head (starts to jerk all over the place) and, well you get my drift. My worry now is that the assessing person may misunderstand these symptoms and feel that I am threatening them, eventhough I never actually use any violent or threatening language. HELP.


  • CockneyRebel
    CockneyRebel Member Posts: 5,212 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi steve

    Do you have someone that can be with you ?
    The assessor may terminate the assessment if they feel threatened
    Be all you can be, make  every day count. Namaste
  • JCC
    JCC Member Posts: 38 Courageous
    You are entitled to have someone with you for support although any questions are directed at you personally.  It may be worthwhile contacting the assessment unit and explaining the worries you have.  In my former work life some service users who appeared volatile or aggressive were assessed at home and 2 assessors came on the visit.    Just a suggestion.
  • CockneyRebel
    CockneyRebel Member Posts: 5,212 Disability Gamechanger
    Any mention of aggression to the assessment provider will stop any home visit
    Be all you can be, make  every day count. Namaste


Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.