Should I get a form for a mandatory reconsideration? — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Should I get a form for a mandatory reconsideration?

Options
Lilly222
Lilly222 Community member Posts: 1 Listener
edited April 2019 in PIP, DLA, and AA
Hi I got turn down first time on pip with 4 points . and rang them up and there said there going to make a diction again is that. mandatory reconsideration because normal you get a form to reply but I haven't received it . so I had no choice to send more evidence out quick and I think I mess it up

Comments

• thespiceman
    thespiceman Community member Posts: 6,388 Disability Gamechanger
    Options

Hello @Lilly222 Pleased to meet you welcome.

Thank you for joining and sharing.

Sorry to hear this. I am sure there will be members of our community who have done the same.

I am one of the team of community champions who guide, advise and help new members who join the forum.

Please have a look a round our website. Feel free to join in discussions. We are friendly. Care and share.

Please ask if we can help and advise on anything.

Some one will know from our community or a member of our team.

Please take care.

@thespiceman

Community Champion
    SCOPE Volunteer Award Engaging Communities 2019
    Mental Health advice, guidance and information to all members
    Nutrition, Diet, Wellbeing, Addiction.
    Recipes
  • Sam_Alumni
    Sam_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,671 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    The information on Turn2Us website says:

The best way to ask for a Mandatory Reconsideration is to write to the DWP at the address on your decision letter. You can use the Mandatory Reconsideration request form or write your request in a letter.

You can also ask for a Mandatory Reconsideration over the phone. Use the phone number at the top of your decision letter. It is a good idea to keep a record when you contact the DWP. 

What to say or write

When you ask for Mandatory Reconsideration, tell the DWP (in your phone call or in your letter):

• Your national insurance number
    • The date of your decision letter
    • Why you disagree with their decision
    • If you are late, tell them why

When you explain why you disagree with their decision, tell the DWP:

• How many points you think you should have scored for each activity
    • What you think they did not take into account about your disability
    • Give examples of things they should consider

Checking the decision yourself can make it easier to know what to tell the DWP. Read our Check PIP decision page for tips on checking and understanding your PIP decision.

For help writing a letter, you can:

Scope
    Senior online community officer
  • madquasimodo
    madquasimodo Community member Posts: 140 Pioneering
    Options
    You can ask for more time when requesting a Mandatory Reconsideration they do allow this if you explain your waiting for a report from a consultant or hospital, I would say ask the local CAB but in the area I live its 6-8 weeks just to get an appointment.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.