Do I put in a new claim? — Scope | Disability forum
Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.

Do I put in a new claim?

Cuddles64 Member Posts: 1 Listener
edited April 2019 in PIP, DLA, and AA
I am New here, This is my first post. I have a list of ailments and had my DLA stopped and I had to apply for PIP, this was back in June 2017, Once they accepted my claim, They kept me on both Care component and mobility but they dropped me from the severe down to the standard rate. I appealed and they upped it by an extra hundred pound but still wouldn't give me the full amount so I appealed again and they refused to let it go to an appeal so I asked for a mandatory reconsideration and was given that, I then asked for an appeal again, they sent me for a medical with one of their DWP interrogators and whilst at the place I pulled a nerve in my ankle and screamed in pain. Anyway, DWP accepted my appeal and it went to a lower tribunal which because of the distance I couldn't attend and asked for an oral hearing, that appeal denied and I lost but I wasn't about to give up and I appealed to the upper tribunal and this time because it was more closer to me I attended it and thankfully I won the appeal. However I will now be backdated the almost 2 years it has taken to fight it but I have to through another assessment in 2 years time because they awarded me 4 years. What do I do then, do I put in a new claim or do I have to do something else?


  • CockneyRebel
    CockneyRebel Member Posts: 5,216 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @Cuddles64 and welcome

    When you receive your decision letter it will tell you when you need to reapply. Usually if the award is given bt the tribunal you will be asked to reapply 14 weeks before the end date. If the award ismade by the DWP then the review will be 12 months before the end date. Which ever you have you should treat it as a new claim and submit evidence etc as you did this tim
    Be all you can be, make  every day count. Namaste


Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.