Feeling worried — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Feeling worried

hulme3030
hulme3030 Community member Posts: 16 Listener
edited April 2019 in PIP, DLA, and AA
Hi there everyone am worried when my pip is due to be reviewed that I might not get it again I have a disabilty car so if my pip stops then I will lose my independence by the car going back this always worrys me and being on my own am so lonley to I've only just got my family back as I have got away from my now ex wife s she stopped me seeing my family thanks Michael 

Comments

• Antonia_Alumni
    Antonia_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 1,780 Pioneering
    edited April 2019
    Hi @hulme3030 welcome to the community. Thank you for sharing this with us, I am sorry to hear this. Hopefully it will all go to plan. On the Citizen Advice website, it says: 

What happens next

The DWP will write to let you know what they’ve decided. You can challenge the decision if you disagree with it.

If you say that something’s changed the DWP might:

• phone you to ask for more information
    • ask you to give them more evidence to show how your condition affects you
    • ask you to go to a face-to-face assessment
    • ask you to complete another PIP2 form (just so they can get the information they need - you won’t have to make a new claim)

If you tell the DWP that nothing’s changed, they could still ask for more evidence or a face-to-face assessment.

There's also some information on the Turn2us website, if you have any questions, do let us know  :)

• hulme3030
    Hi thanks for that so when my pip is due what will happen will they send me a form out or ring me thanks 
  • CockneyRebel
    CockneyRebel Community member Posts: 5,209 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi

On your current  decision letter it will tell you when you when your review is due. If your current award was given by the DWP then you can expect a review 12 months before it ends. If however you were awarded by tribunal then you will need to reapply at least 14 weeks before the end date. The DWP will send you a form when the time is due either an AR1 review form or a PIP2 application. Which ever you receive you should treat it as a new claim and send relevant evidence and examples of what happens when you attempt each activity
    Be all you can be, make  every day count. Namaste
  • hulme3030
    Thank you for the information 
  • twonker
    twonker Posts: 617 Pioneering
    hulme3030 said:
    Hi there everyone am worried when my pip is due to be reviewed that I might not get it again I have a disabilty car so if my pip stops then I will lose my independence by the car going back this always worrys me and being on my own am so lonley to I've only just got my family back as I have got away from my now ex wife s she stopped me seeing my family thanks Michael 
    Every review/re-assessment for claimants carries that risk. You are no different than millions of others.
    You do have the option if the award is not made to go to appeal.
    Sometimes it is best to accept that you may not get the award and plan how you would cope. If you do get it then it will be a lovely surprise for you. 
  • mercedesbd
    mercedesbd Community member Posts: 109 Courageous
    twonker said:
    hulme3030 said:
    Every review/re-assessment for claimants carries that risk. You are no different than millions of others.
    You do have the option if the award is not made to go to appeal.
    Sometimes it is best to accept that you may not get the award and plan how you would cope. If you do get it then it will be a lovely surprise for you. 
    Why should someone ‘ COPE ‘ not getting something there entitled to? No what I say is to the extra mile and get what ur entitled to 
  • twonker
    twonker Posts: 617 Pioneering
    edited April 2019

Why should someone ‘ COPE ‘ not getting something there entitled to? No what I say is to the extra mile and get what ur entitled to 
    If the worst happens and they have to go to Tribunal there is currently a wait of about a year. So being prepared now in case that happens is far better than having no time to plan on how they would cope when/if they get the refusal. Isn't it best to always think, what if?
    The only entitlement a claimant has is to make a claim. Entitlement to a benefit award only happens when the DWP or the court agree that it is awarded.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.