Mandatory Reconsideration not registered — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Mandatory Reconsideration not registered

Ruby31
Ruby31 Community member Posts: 1 Listener
edited April 2019 in PIP, DLA, and AA
I have just rung PIP after 6 weeks of waiting to hear about my Mandatory Reconsideration.  I did phone them 2 weeks after posting the request to ensure they had received it.
Today they said had I sent it in in writing.  I said yes and that I had phoned 4 weeks ago to check they had received it. 
Oh yes they said I can see we received it .... (6 weeks ago )
They then said that it had not been registered.  And that they would put it forward to be registered.   I asked if this meant I would have to start my 6 weeks wait from today. She said yes possibly 8 weeks or even more. 
Has anyone else experiencedo this if so dido you have to wait 6 weeks  :(

Comments

• Antonia_Alumni
    Antonia_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 1,780 Pioneering
    Hi @Ruby31 welcome to community and thank you for sharing this with us. I am sorry to hear this it was not registered on time. Hopefully it does not take that long and you will hear back from them in 6 weeks. Although on the Citizen Advice website it says:

Getting your mandatory reconsideration result

The DWP doesn’t have to make the decision within a specific timescale and sometimes it can take several months to get your decision letter - this letter is called a ‘mandatory reconsideration notice’. You’ll be sent 2 copies - you’ll need to send 1 off if you need to go to the next stage of appeal.

Please keep us updated, and if you have any questions, do let us know. Best wishes

• Sam_Alumni
    Sam_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,671 Disability Gamechanger
    Welcome to the community @Ruby31 and thanks for sharing.
    Scope
    Senior online community officer

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.