pip tribunal — Scope | Disability forum
Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.

pip tribunal

m89gbc Member Posts: 3 Listener
edited April 2019 in PIP, DLA, and AA


  • m89gbc
    m89gbc Member Posts: 3 Listener
    edited April 2019
    Pip tribunal court date waiting is been 1 years on 8th February 2019 and there is still no sign of the date of the hearing will take place every day is even more of struggle to make ends meet wich i carnt and the hardships of the problems that the prosecco has caused from debt collections letters day in day out don't even open them now just put them straight in the fire car insurance getting stooped so probably not the best next time I try for car insurance and then there wad the other letter stating that they were given me notice to seek possession of the house because they had stated charging 16.52 wk rent for my daughter who was receiving care allowance myt i also state that was her only income didn't want to claim jsa cause she was not looking for jobs like required to do she wasn't going to go sick and claim esa cos she wasnt sick and she was not going to be accused of benefits fraud so she said she would make do with her care allowance for her income so basically we have no money no help or hope to see any chance of vhange in the future so far and didn't bother to contact me until there was £ 700 rent arrears  and they sent threatening letter to seek possession of the property
  • m89gbc
    m89gbc Member Posts: 3 Listener
    I don't know if its actually posted any where on the site but I have been having a good old rant about the struggle with money while I'm watching for the tribunal court hearing for pip and its been a yea goner February 8th and still no sign of the date of hearing to be held honest to god the hardship and problems of the whole process had caused me is no laughing matter and trust me no body in the right mind would have to live like i am that said I am not right in the head or so they said when they sectioned me under 2-3 of the mental health act 1983
  • CockneyRebel
    CockneyRebel Member Posts: 5,216 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @m89gbc and welcome

    You need to get trained help from an advice agency near you as soon as possilble, CAB, Welfare rights etc

    You should also ring the tribunal clerk for an update on waiting time
    Be all you can be, make  every day count. Namaste
  • madquasimodo
    madquasimodo Member Posts: 127 Courageous
    If you have money problems a good place for help is https://www.stepchange.org/
  • Threesticks
    Threesticks Member Posts: 128 Pioneering
    Sorry to hear this. Shouldn't be happing in 2019. We're the 6th richest Country in the World and disabled folks are treated worse than cats and dogs. I've worked all my life and paid a massive amount of Tax and NI into their system and I'm still working. When it was my turn, to get much-needed help, from the system it doesn't want to pay you back. Moreover, goes out of it's way to dis-wade from receiving your entitlements, DWP like to call them benefits, but they are entitlements.
    You need to get help, I know your trust levels are probably pretty low right now, but you don't have to suffer like this. My advice, for what it's worth, contact all the Debt collectors and ask them for the contract you have singed and deed of Novation.   Give them ten days to respond. The debt collectors cannot respond because they don't have it. They con people daily, with their fear-mongering letters. Put in your letter to them, you charge £250 per letter and send them three letters in a thirty-day time period, one every ten days. They will owe you £750 or more if you decide you want more, your time is money. Do this with all your debt collects, it'll soon add up.

    Also inform them, if any and all of their agents come knocking, that's a further £250 per caller. It's time to take back YOUR power. Tell them any adverse comments to credit reference agency will also cost them and should be removed at their cost.

    Rent, contact the rent office whomever they are. Tell them you are, and have vulnerable adults living in the property and tell them to contact the DWP to confirm this. If they take you to court, go to the Citizens advice and ask them to help you through any hearings. They can send a representative for you if you are not comfortable going yourself.

    Car insurance, contact them and ask them to give you the cheapest quote they can. Shop around, if all else fails ask them how much to protect your No Claims bonus if you have any. This is a lot cheaper than full insurance. This will help when you can afford a new policy. Hope this helps. 
    If you fight, you won't always win. But if you don't fight you will always always lose.
  • Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 8,553

    Scope community team

    Hello @m89gbc and welcome to the community. 
    It sounds like you and your daughter have a lot going on and I think getting advice from Citizens Advice would be best, they'll be able to do a benefits check up for you and your daughter and ensure you're claiming everything you're entitled to and may be able to advocate on your behalf. They'll also be able to talk through your different options regarding your financial troubles.
    With regards to the letter threatening possession of the property, get in touch with Shelter who will be able to advise you. 
    Community Manager

    Tell us how to make the community better for you. Complete our feedback form.


Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.