Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
PASTA A GUIDE
Hello every one the most questions I get asked is what type of Pasta should I use.
I thought like to share some simple tips.
Long types of Pasta like Spaghetti or Linguine. Go well with Tomato Pasta sauces that are not heavy.
For example I use Spaghetti or Linguine with Meatballs. Plus sauce.
Tagliatelle or other egg based Pasta goes great with anything creamy .I use this with. Prawns, Seafood like sea food mix or Mushrooms.
In Ragu Sauces you can use Tagliatelle..
Tubes like Penne, Rigatoni or shapes like shells use with chunkier pieces of meat and vegetables.
Spaghetti means In Italian spago or string
Tagliatelle means to cut from the Italian tagliare.
Penne means pen as they look like nibs of old fashioned pens. As in quills or feather.
Farfalle means butterflies .
Fusilli looks like tight coils and springs.
Lumache means shells. As does Conchiglie conch shells looks like.
Vermicelli means little worms.
Rigatoni are hollow tubes.
You get small versions of any of the above shapes. These are called Pastina for soup.
Now you know.
There are hundreds of new shapes made all the time.
I like the variety.
Use a bout six or seven different shapes.
SCOPE Volunteer Award Engaging Communities 2019
Mental Health advice, guidance and information to all members
Nutrition, Diet, Wellbeing, Addiction.
- 55.3K All Categories
- 10.8K Start here and say hello!
- 5.3K Coffee lounge
- 4.1K Disability rights and campaigning
- 1.6K Research and opportunities
- 160 Community updates
- 12.3K Talk about your situation
- 1.8K Children, parents, and families
- 840 Work and employment
- 600 Education
- 1.2K Housing, transport, and independent living
- 1.1K Aids, adaptations, and equipment
- 303 Dating, sex, and relationships
- 270 Exercise and accessible facilities
- 22.3K Talk about money
- 2.3K Benefits and financial support
- 4.5K Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)
- 12.8K PIP, DLA, and AA
- 2.7K Universal Credit (UC)
- 4.2K Talk about your impairment
- 1.4K Cerebral palsy
- 706 Chronic pain and pain management
- 718 Rare, invisible, and undiagnosed conditions
- 774 Autism and neurodiversity
- 953 Mental health and wellbeing
- 314 Sensory impairments