Stress Awareness Month — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Stress Awareness Month

Antonia_Alumni
Antonia_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 1,780 Pioneering
edited April 2019 in Coffee lounge
It's Stress Awareness Month this April, to raise awareness about stress and how it can be managed. A lot of us will agree that life can get pretty stressful and it may not be easy to talk about it. It can impact us mentally and physically, from headaches to muscle pain. The NHS website says: 

You can't always prevent stress, but there are lots of things you can do to manage stress better. 

You could:

Other things that may help:

• share your problems with family or friends
  • make more time for your interests and hobbies
  • take a break or holiday
  • take some regular exercise and make sure you're eating healthily
  • make sure you're getting enough sleep (see tips on better sleep

I recently signed up to Headspace to try their meditation guides, where you can pick a meditation for sleep, your kids, anxiety, work - just to name a few. I found it hard the first time to sit in silence and let my drift off, before I started thinking about what I can make for dinner. So I will start in the mornings and see how it goes. I have been slacking on my drawing but this is another way for me to easy those anxious feelings.. and of course baking. :)

How do you manage stress and have you found it helpful at all?

Comments

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.