Stress Awareness Month
You can't always prevent stress, but there are lots of things you can do to manage stress better.
- try these 10 simple stress busters
- use these easy time-management techniques
- try mindfulness – studies have found mindfulness can help reduce stress and improve your mood
- use calming breathing exercises
- download some relaxation and mindfulness apps on to your phone
- listen to an anxiety control audio guide
Other things that may help:
- share your problems with family or friends
- make more time for your interests and hobbies
- take a break or holiday
- take some regular exercise and make sure you're eating healthily
- make sure you're getting enough sleep (see tips on better sleep)
I recently signed up to Headspace to try their meditation guides, where you can pick a meditation for sleep, your kids, anxiety, work - just to name a few. I found it hard the first time to sit in silence and let my drift off, before I started thinking about what I can make for dinner. So I will start in the mornings and see how it goes. I have been slacking on my drawing but this is another way for me to easy those anxious feelings.. and of course baking.
How do you manage stress and have you found it helpful at all?