Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Getting the Hang of Things - Just Joined
Hello to all, I live in Mcr . After the recent end of a relationship, I'm coming to terms with what loneliness & relative isolation means. There are a lot of lonely people out there ...I never thought Eleanor Rigby would come back to haunt me..."where did they all come frommm....Aah...look at all the lonely people Father McKenzie, writing the words, Of a sermon that no one will hear, No one comes near....except Father McKenzie doesn't exist any more......instead we have social media.....so, it seems to make sense to use it to make new connections. I'm socially isolated for a few reasons; I grew up in Ireland, so I don't have local social connections......my social life revolved around my ex-partner, I've been inclined to self-medicate to stave off unpleasant feelings, and there's a cost to that! I've got several qualifications [PGCE., MA ] so I might be able to help some people with writing issues. Let's see if we can develop some good relationships. I'm a young 62...plenty of life left!! Nially . Also, I'm one of those who received a letter from DWP inquiring if I'm eligible for ESA from October 2012 - Oct 2013 . I'm go to another section to find out more about this..
- 48.4K All Categories
- 9.6K Start here and say hello!
- 3.9K Coffee lounge
- 3.9K Disability rights and campaigning
- 1.4K News and opportunities
- 134 Community updates
- 11.3K Talk about your situation
- 1.6K Children, parents, and families
- 622 Work and employment
- 517 Education
- 939 Housing, transport, and independent living
- 908 Aids, adaptations, and equipment
- 237 Dating, sex, and relationships
- 245 Exercise and accessible facilities
- 19.1K Talk about money
- 1.7K Benefits and financial support
- 4.2K Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)
- 11.2K PIP, DLA, and AA
- 2K Universal Credit (UC)
- 3.5K Talk about your impairment
- 1.2K Cerebral palsy
- 575 Chronic pain and pain management
- 636 Rare, invisible, and undiagnosed conditions
- 691 Autism and neurodiversity
- 822 Mental health and wellbeing
- 284 Sensory impairments
Do you need advice on your energy costs?
Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.