PIP, DLA and AA
If this is your first visit, check out the community guide. You will have to Join us or Sign in before you can post.
Receiving too many notifications? Adjust your notification settings.

Can I get mobility part of PIP?

lisabrazil80lisabrazil80 Member Posts: 85 Connected
edited April 2019 in PIP, DLA and AA
I got very bad psoriasis can I get the mobility part of personal independence payment do anyone know was anyone claimed the mobility part for psoriasis is very bad

Replies

• Adrian_ScopeAdrian_Scope Testing Team, Community Team Posts: 7,951 Scope community team
    Hi @lisabrazil80, the award of PIP isn't based on a diagnosis, but how a condition affects your daily life. You can find the PIP mobility descriptors here.
    I hope that helps. If you have any other questions, please don't hesitate to ask! :)
    Senior Community Partner
    Scope

If you have a few minutes to spare, we'd appreciate your feedback on our online community.
  • wilkowilko Member Posts: 2,201 Disability Gamechanger
    @lisabrazil80, as Adrian stated PIP is not a benefit based on diagnosis but your ability to cope manage activities in your daily life and any mobility problems, issues you may have. So look at the PIP descriptors and do a self test assessment to see how you would score if you persoe to claim the benefit and have a face to face acessment because what you state in your application form will have to be justified at your assessment. 
Sign in or join us to comment.