Can I get mobility part of PIP? — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Can I get mobility part of PIP?

Options
lisabrazil80
lisabrazil80 Community member Posts: 94 Courageous
edited April 2019 in PIP, DLA, and AA
I got very bad psoriasis can I get the mobility part of personal independence payment do anyone know was anyone claimed the mobility part for psoriasis is very bad

Comments

• Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 10,938 Scope online community team
    Options
    Hi @lisabrazil80, the award of PIP isn't based on a diagnosis, but how a condition affects your daily life. You can find the PIP mobility descriptors here.
    I hope that helps. If you have any other questions, please don't hesitate to ask! :)
    Community Manager
    Scope
  • wilko
    wilko Community member Posts: 2,458 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    @lisabrazil80, as Adrian stated PIP is not a benefit based on diagnosis but your ability to cope manage activities in your daily life and any mobility problems, issues you may have. So look at the PIP descriptors and do a self test assessment to see how you would score if you persoe to claim the benefit and have a face to face acessment because what you state in your application form will have to be justified at your assessment. 

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.