ESA — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

ESA

willyspkmn
willyspkmn Community member Posts: 3 Listener
Hello I received E L A form to fill in on the 3rd of December 2018. I posted it back as soon as I filled it in on the 6th of December 2018. They sent it back to me the second week of February saying there was a couple of things I had missed out on the form. So I telephoned them and a lady went through the questions with me, she then told me it would go straight back to processing as it had already been there for 6 weeks. She told me I would probably receive any money owing to me by the end of March 2019. I got in touch again near the end of March, then I was told it would be the end of April. I phoned them again this week and was told it only went to processing on the 22nd of march. Then yesterday a lady phoned me to tell me I would not get anything now until the middle of June because it only went to processing on the 22 of March. What can I do, Can you please advise me.

Comments

• willyspkmn
    I have been in touch with E S A again this morning, and they have told me that the 12 week process started again on the 22 of march. All I have been told from the start is a load of lies.

• Antonia_Alumni
    Antonia_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 1,780 Pioneering
    Welcome to the community @willyspkmn I am sorry to hear this, you been in touch with your local CAB for advice, there's some information on their website, you may find useful. Please keep us updated.
  • CockneyRebel
    CockneyRebel Community member Posts: 5,209 Disability Gamechanger
    As with all things DLA time frames are only a guide, it is a waiting game
    Be all you can be, make  every day count. Namaste
  • willyspkmn
    Sorry I put E L A form, it was E S A form. What I am annoyed at is I retired last august. I had been on incapacity benefit for abour 20 years until they changed it in 2011. So it is not that I am trying to get benefit now. They did not send me the form until 3rd of December, where the form said it would take 12 weeks to process. Each person I have spoken to on the number that is given on the form, about 6 different people. They have all lied to me.

• CockneyRebel
    CockneyRebel Community member Posts: 5,209 Disability Gamechanger
    The call centre operators are not highly trained, their main aim seems to be to get you off the phone asap without having to action anything
    Be all you can be, make  every day count. Namaste

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.