ESA

willyspkmn
willyspkmn Community member Posts: 3 Listener
Hello I received E L A form to fill in on the 3rd of December 2018. I posted it back as soon as I filled it in on the 6th of December 2018. They sent it back to me the second week of February saying there was a couple of things I had missed out on the form. So I telephoned them and a lady went through the questions with me, she then told me it would go straight back to processing as it had already been there for 6 weeks. She told me I would probably receive any money owing to me by the end of March 2019. I got in touch again near the end of March, then I was told it would be the end of April. I phoned them again this week and was told it only went to processing on the 22nd of march. Then yesterday a lady phoned me to tell me I would not get anything now until the middle of June because it only went to processing on the 22 of March. What can I do, Can you please advise me.

Comments

• willyspkmn
    I have been in touch with E S A again this morning, and they have told me that the 12 week process started again on the 22 of march. All I have been told from the start is a load of lies.

• Antonia_Alumni
    Antonia_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 1,764 Pioneering
    Welcome to the community @willyspkmn I am sorry to hear this, you been in touch with your local CAB for advice, there's some information on their website, you may find useful. Please keep us updated.
  • CockneyRebel
    CockneyRebel Community member Posts: 5,195 Championing
    As with all things DLA time frames are only a guide, it is a waiting game
  • willyspkmn
    Sorry I put E L A form, it was E S A form. What I am annoyed at is I retired last august. I had been on incapacity benefit for abour 20 years until they changed it in 2011. So it is not that I am trying to get benefit now. They did not send me the form until 3rd of December, where the form said it would take 12 weeks to process. Each person I have spoken to on the number that is given on the form, about 6 different people. They have all lied to me.

• CockneyRebel
    CockneyRebel Community member Posts: 5,195 Championing
    The call centre operators are not highly trained, their main aim seems to be to get you off the phone asap without having to action anything