Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Any tips to make life easier
Hi im 40 something with PVD and a bulging disc in the back .. at the mo I'm off sick , but hoping to go back to work soon if they can find me a suitable job. My consultant won't operate or put stents in as he says stents won't work and I'm too high a risk for the bypass .. they want to wait till my leg falls off I think or when there's more money !! .I managing ok but my life style has seriously taken a dent .. I can't ride horses any more (beloved horse has to be sold ) dog walking is now a no no and I'm so fustrated I'm not old and I'm finding everyday life getting harder and harder. Do you guys out there have any tips on how to make life easier.
- 53.1K All Categories
- 10.4K Start here and say hello!
- 4.8K Coffee lounge
- 4K Disability rights and campaigning
- 1.5K Research and opportunities to get involved in
- 149 Community updates
- 12K Talk about your situation
- 1.8K Children, parents, and families
- 762 Work and employment
- 578 Education
- 1.1K Housing, transport, and independent living
- 1K Aids, adaptations, and equipment
- 277 Dating, sex, and relationships
- 264 Exercise and accessible facilities
- 21.2K Talk about money
- 2.1K Benefits and financial support
- 4.4K Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)
- 12.3K PIP, DLA, and AA
- 2.5K Universal Credit (UC)
- 4K Talk about your impairment
- 1.3K Cerebral palsy
- 676 Chronic pain and pain management
- 700 Rare, invisible, and undiagnosed conditions
- 751 Autism and neurodiversity
- 929 Mental health and wellbeing
- 298 Sensory impairments
Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.