COPD and pip — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

COPD and pip

Jilllamb69
Jilllamb69 Community member Posts: 2 Listener
How is people finding pip with copd

Comments

• Ami2301
    Ami2301 Community member Posts: 7,942 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @Jilllamb69 welcome to the community! Could you explain a bit more please, then we can do our best to help you  :)
    Disability Gamechanger - 2019
  • wilko
    wilko Community member Posts: 2,458 Disability Gamechanger
    @Jilllam69, hello and welcome, PIP is a benefit that’s awarded on your abilities to cope, manage activities the PIP descriptors in your daily life. I would recommend you do a self test to see if you meet the criteria for applying for PIP, remember that what you put in your application form has to be justified at your face to face assessment?
  • CockneyRebel
    CockneyRebel Community member Posts: 5,209 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @Jilllamb69 and welcome

As has been said PIP is based on how your condition affects your ability to complete the descriptor activities. Not everyone with the same condition is affected in the same way.

Specific to your question, I have COPD amongst other contitions and receive PIP Daily Living and enhanced Mobility.. The effects of COPD vary greatly, from an almost invisible condition that may be thought to be like a common cold that does not go away, up to needing nebulisers, medcation, inhalers and home oxygen therapy.

Take the self test and see which, if any, descriptors you match but you must fit the descriptor rather than trying to make the descriptor fit you

If you have any other questions please ask away
    Be all you can be, make  every day count. Namaste
  • Jilllamb69
    Jilllamb69 Community member Posts: 2 Listener
    My husband has been taken a high dosage of steroids and at present has 8 fractures of thoracix spine he has 3 nebulisers in the house can't walk from kitchen to front door we bought a portable nebuliser which he takes everywhere if he cuts prednisolone down his excema flairs up I was told he is getting worse by consultant and he will end up permanently in a wheelchair and this pip form has him worse than ever he has chronic COPD and chronic enphasimia and the stress its putting him through is enough to kill him

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.