Hi, my name is Becspitz! — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi, my name is Becspitz!

Becspitz
Becspitz Community member Posts: 5 Listener
Hi, 
I've just fallen across this site and found some really useful information. 
Looking forward to learning more and making new friends
??

Comments

• Antonia_Alumni
    Antonia_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 1,780 Pioneering
    Welcome to the community @Becspitz, thank you for joining us, great to have you hear with us :)

Please have a read through our guidelines about our community and please feel free to join our recent discussions

If you have any questions, please let us know.
  • Ami2301
    Ami2301 Community member Posts: 7,942 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @Becspitz welcome to the community! Would you like to tell us a bit about yourself? :)
    Disability Gamechanger - 2019
  • Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 10,821 Scope online community team
    Great to have you with us @Becspitz!
    Community Manager
    Scope
  • steve51
    steve51 Community member Posts: 7,153 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @Becspitz

Good Afternoon it’s great to meet you today ????

I am one of the Community Champion’s here at Scope.

Please have a good look ? around & please let me know if you have a hand ? 

@steve51
  • Becspitz
    Becspitz Community member Posts: 5 Listener
    OK a bit about me I'm 39 yrs single mum of one wonderful daughter who is 12yrs, I worked with performance horses untill I had my daughter then this was the start of post natal depression which has been worked through now I retrained in canine physiotherapy and massage which unfortunately I've had to give up as this seems to cause my fibro to kick off effecting my hands and arms badly.
    So I have picked up so saddlery work (making things out of leather for dogs and horses) I trained when I left school always planned on picking it.up again one day and have been doing some dog training. 
    Finding a career to fit with the effects of fibro is hard and I'm really bad at sitting still but having to learn to stop and not push myself. 
    I don't drink or smoke and always looking into ways to help myself with diet and therapies, getting better at planning, a day out can take a week to recover from and learning to ignore the mess and leaving myself notes, reminders and alarms my. Close friends and family are now pretty good at taking control of stuff for me I find asking for help very hard 
    Other then health stuff I love dogs, nature, horses, family, friends, cooking, baking, gardening, walking!, quiet spiritual, positive thinking, and researching natural remedies/complimentary therapy and the breed health coordinator for the german spitz dog for the kennel club which is research and data collection on dog health and genetics. One of my friends referred to me as a weird nerd as I'm not a normal nerd ? ???

Think that's my life story lol x 
  • thespiceman
    thespiceman Community member Posts: 6,388 Disability Gamechanger

Hello @Becspitz  Pleased to meet you welcome.

Thank you for joining and sharing.

I am one of the community champions who guide, advise and help new members who join the forum.

I know from finding out that a lot of conditions and illness can be beneficial to looking at diet.  Also nutrition and food science.

This is something myself I am looking at a lot. Especially my own health needs. I have mental health issues mainly anxiety and depression.

Glad to meet some one. Who is similar concerned with their own health needs and looking at alternatives.

Happy to share recipes and ideas any time.

I use this forum to put them on. 

I myself have used herbs and spices to good effect my own personal use.

Have a lot of interest in other therapies. . Although with the combination of medication and a lot of the things I do. Do help not only eases the problems .

We have a lot to learn in the Western World.  As a lot of the research I have done is looking at certain cultures like the Indian and Chinese Medicine.

I am on the food of the Italian cookbook.  Do Pasta as Spring, Summer.  Autumn, Winter. Beans, Pulses, Ragu one pots. 

Includes Gnocchi as Pasta as well.

This is easy for me to do as I have a disability and have adapted recipes to suit my self.

Cucina Provera mainly the food of the poor.  It is called in Italian.

Lots of vegetables. Peppers, Zucchini, Aubergines.  All have special nutritional properties.  In my opinion . Plenty of Fruit and Tomatoes. also are helpful as are Nuts, dried Fruit like Prunes.

Educating and learning constantly.

You will find many members like myself.

Pleasure to meet you.

Look forward to speaking to you anytime.

Take care.

@thespiceman

Community Champion
    SCOPE Volunteer Award Engaging Communities 2019
    Mental Health advice, guidance and information to all members
    Nutrition, Diet, Wellbeing, Addiction.
    Recipes

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.