Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)
If this is your first visit, check out the community guide. You will have to Join us or Sign in before you can post.

denied home visit bf223 form

ZenkoblueZenkoblue Member Posts: 87 Courageous
I just been told been denied a home visit and was told that I do not attended I get bf223 form in mail. I am scared what to do next I can’t go on Tuesday and guy on phone understand and didn’t know why I was denied.

i guess I wait for form fill it in and hope for best.

what would you do .

Replies

• Dotty123Dotty123 Member Posts: 492 Pioneering
    You need go or your benefit stops not many got home visits not even with dr letter but do go mind it doesn’t help cos they’ll say you wanted home visit then you go can’t win 
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 587 Listener
    Can you get help/advice from a local advice centre? (If you have one in your area). 
    Citizen advice but youl still need drtowrite explain why they don’t usually change there mind assessments this year have been disgusting ,degrading,
  • ZenkoblueZenkoblue Member Posts: 87 Courageous
    I just phone them I now getting a taxi to place payed for by them and my mam going try coming with me but in bad way.  I hate them for doing this 
    Sigh I am now wait for my doctor phone me so I can get him or her talk to esa assessment about my health on phone to them.

what a mess I also said I take my own life cause I am so stress.
    Don’t do that this is where we stay strong and fight keep in touch 
    Thanks dotty it just hard at min 
    I can’t use hands butadsesser found me fit for work iv appealed nowwaiting tribunal done without money been suicidal but still going
    Why do they do this people not fair at all , it hard to keep fighting all the time.
    It makes you see how strong and determined you are and you can be just keep going and we might just win 
    But it never ending guess I just wait see what happens on doctors call
  • Antonia_AlumniAntonia_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 1,781 Pioneering
    edited April 2019
    Hi @Zenkoblue I am sorry to hear this. You are a member of our community and we appreciate you.

If you are having thoughts of suicide, it is important that you discuss them with someone who is qualified to help. Please call the Samaritans on 116 123 (free) or email them at [email protected]

You might also benefit from reading MIND’s information on how you can help and challenge yourself with suicidal thoughts:

If you feel that you may be an immediate danger to yourself, please call 999 or go to your local hospital right away. 

Please keep us updated after your Doctors call or when you can. We are all here to support you.

Best wishes,
    Antonia
  • Adrian_ScopeAdrian_Scope Testing team Posts: 7,954

Scope community team

Hello @Dotty123, I'm glad to hear you're getting by despite your assessment experience and having to wait for your tribunal. However, as a member of our community you are important to us and if you've been having thoughts of suicide, it's really important you discuss them with someone qualified to help you. If you are feeling suicidal, please give the Samaritans a call on 116 123 or email [email protected]

You might also find the page that Antonia mentioned above (MIND's information on how you can help and challenge yourself with suicidal thoughts) to be useful, but if you ever feel like you may be an immediate danger to yourself, please call 999 or visit your local hospital immediately.

Please stay in touch and let us know how you get on with your tribunal. We'll be here if you need any support or a chat.

All the best,
    Adrian

Senior Community Partner
    Scope

Your feedback is really important to the development of the online community, so please remember to complete our online community annual survey
    Little update my appointment been cancel re looking at decision again and now been told letter is wrong worded need tell them I live with mam and can’t use a taxi but I am not sure letter get there in time.

Scope community team

Hi @Zenkoblue, so Tuesday's appointment has now been cancelled? Hopefully this will give you time to get the extra information to them. 
    Did they explain why the home visit was rejected in the first place? 
    Senior Community Partner
    Scope

Your feedback is really important to the development of the online community, so please remember to complete our online community annual survey
    Hey Adrian yeah Tuesday cancelled and they said because I been over hospital appointments I can go assessment centre but that was with my mam who now I’ll 😢

Scope community team

I'm sorry to hear your mum is ill. Have they given you another assessment date? 

Senior Community Partner
    Scope

edited April 2019
    Nope no new date yet (yay)they look at my file again which seems nice of them and they need new doctors letter which I hope sort out tomorrow when I get appointment 

Scope community team

At least it's a weight off of your mind for now. Hopefully the doctor can help you with another letter and your next appointment will be booked as a home visit. 
    Do keep in touch and let us know how this progresses. 

Senior Community Partner
    Scope

I hope so too I keep you posted ☺️
    I’m off to see doctors in bit after last night I call crisis team about been want to died I got really bad anxiety today so I need see doctor about that and getting new letter for my esa assessment I hope it helps.

Scope community team

Hi @Zenkoblue, I'm glad to hear you reached out to the crisis team and they were able to support you. Best of luck at the doctor today, let us know how you get on. :)
    Senior Community Partner
    Scope

• dixiegirldixiegirl Member Posts: 26 Connected
    oh I do hope you get doctors help zenkoblue.im going through exactly the same right now and im ill with it.
    Me too I better get going it woman doctor one I like so hope it goes well keep you posted and gl dixiegirl 
    Sometimes they still don’t accept drs letter 
    Hi dotty but if your I'll and doctor states your not able to go to assessment how can they not accept this.this would be a failure of doctors and the duty of care to you surely.
    True but loads have got drs letter for home visit they go against it not many get home visit exactly it makes your dr look bad 
  • poppy123456poppy123456 Member Posts: 22,218 Disability Gamechanger
    A Drs letter requesting a home visit doesn't always help. If you attend other appointments it's possible that they will tell you that you can attend the assessment centre if you attend other appointments.
    Proud winner of the 2019 empowering others award. This award was given for supporting disabled people and their families for the benefit advice I have given to members here on the community.
    Yeah that so true just seen doctor and she doing second letter I just got the over letter about no home visit. I am still surprised they re looking in to my case and waiting on second doctor letter which inform them that I live with my mam and she in bad health I myself have mobility problems anxiety and suicide due to esa assessment. Can’t remember the rest guess I got wait get the letter next week and post it.
    Hi poppy.yes that is what they say.but how can they decide what's going on in someone's head when they have no idea what mental health difficulties  can do to you.yes some people can manage a Dr appointment with a doctor who they know very well because it's out of necessity for medical treatment.but genuine people with these problems still go through terrible anxiety and distress to do this.and suffer terribly afterwards.it is a whole different thing to go somewhere strange and talk to a stranger.especially under these circumstances which is also very stressful for those people with no mental health problems as you will all know.why have they this right to refuse home assessment after a doctor has medically stated that a person is unfit to manage it this undermines  the doctor who states this.I myself feel on the verge of a nervous breakdown just thinking about this and I'm ill. No-one should be put in a position that they feel this way because they fail to listen to doctors .
    You took the words out my mouth dixiegirl I just hope my doctor did right this time with letter. I trust my doctor as they know me but esa person so different and more scary to me and the lies they tell.
    I hope your letter will be enough this time.im waiting to get one too.this is awful just awful.
    dixiegirl took the words out of my mouth too! I have significant anxiety (agoraphobia, maybe social anxiety and GAD), depression and FM. I find it pretty hard to attend any appointments and ask my Son to cancel and rebook them more often than not. I'm actually still waiting for my home WCA, not in any hurry for it though, not long had my PIP review home assessment :/ Was shaking a lot during that assessment, luckily my son was here to help.
    Hi there wf2k yes I'm the same.can I ask how you got wca for home.visit.
    Yeah I like know that too wf2k how get home visit just hope my letter right this time. Wow lot people going thought same things as me.
    edited April 2019
    @dixiegirl My Son called the medical centre and asked for a letter, the GP stated that I have significant anxiety, agoraphobia and that I will cancel appointments often and that she thought a home assessment would be best (not in those exact words).

@Zenkoblue I hope you manage to get a home assessment.
    Good luck they don’t accept drs letters usually 
    Ty yeah my doctor said home visit would be best as I live with my mam she care for me heh said most this in last post but I hope I get home visit been doing some cbt see that help my worry’s and mood. 
    Thank you wfk2, I cancel appointments too I need to go but then find I cant,I hope all goes well with your home visit,please keep us posted on how it all goes for you.
    Zenkoblue I hope you get your home visit I too am waiting for letter from doctor now.my appointment is 7th may I don't know what else to do if this letter is not accepted,you only get to cancel one appointment,I am just not able to go they know all of this.I will lose my benefit because of this.can anyone give any advise please I am so scared and ill with the worry now I got pip home visit 18 months ago with all the worry over that has knocked me way back then this any help would be appreciated from community.thank you
    I know it hard not to worry been reading up on c b t which help me a bit I got number from esa place contact the team deal with my case and they cancel my appointment and are waiting in my doctor letter I hope this time they accepted it. All I can say gl I know how you feel and hope someone can gave you more advise then me .
    It's hard work living with mental health problems, I think someone can only really understand if they have been or are going through it themselves. 

I really hope that you both have home assessment, to be honest though, they are just as stressful as going to a centre, I was shaking, stuttering, felt sick, sweating etc. and that was for my PIP home assessment on the 4th. I was shattered after it.
    edited April 2019
    I,m not sure how I cope if I got go to esa assessment the build is horrible and I scared have panic attack or wet myself as I have bladder problems too. It would be best in home but it still scary but safer. It hard have mental health problems you think your only one but there more us out there. I am so glad my doctor put it down about my suicide and  anxiety maybe they see not everyone can cope. And get treated right get home visit all I can do hope it happens this time.

My mam ask me question say is your family going thought stress upset about your esa assessment if they know about it. I guess my mam is feeling it too she great support glad I have her.
    Guess everyone to bust answer my question be nice see what people think 🤔 
    Yes my family worried about me but they don't know how the system works.no can't help much it is stressful for them too.can I ask did they cancel your app or did you Zenkoblue.and how did you talk to the ones dealing with your claim.to be told they are looking at it again
    I got contact number from calls at place ask them if there a number you can call team deal with your claim they let me have number because my appointment was just after Easter.

i now got phone again next week let know doctors letters on the way gl
    Thank you I may get friend to call after Easter to tell them I'm waiting to get Dr letter and ask to speak to the team who  are dealing with my claim then.your just a little bit in front of me in this process but same issues almost exactly I'm glad we are not alone in this nitemare 
    Me too but it not fair both got go thought it I keep you posted I hope I get my letter on Tuesday got wait for phone call from doctors. Gl
    Yes please do Zenkoblue. when you gave them your first letter did you send it to them with your esa form? or after your app?.good luck.

After my app I sent the letter which they seem not like now I got second letter sent next week after Easter hoildays
    wish more I could do but look like second doctors letter only last thing I can do.That or go to place which is scary.
    I know but at least it was them who cancelled your app so mabie they it good sign.eh
    @Zenkoblue If you attend other appointments then this could go against you for a home assessment. I note that in one of your comments you say that your mum is your carer and she doesn't have good health. Is this the reason you're asking for a home assessment, because your mum is unable to attend with you? Or is the reason because of you?
    Proud winner of the 2019 empowering others award. This award was given for supporting disabled people and their families for the benefit advice I have given to members here on the community.
    edited April 2019
    Hey poppy it both my mam in bad health and my career and I myself is anxiety and suicide. I can’t go but I think worse case that I may got try and go to place on my own which I find impossible.

i am hope get home visit I keep that in mind for best or I keep thinking the worst going happen

oh yeah I am glad they cancel my appointment in first place dixiegirl they are some good people there
    Hope one you answer is there anything more I can do. Try to not worry but It hard.Got wait Tuesday is hard.
    I'm afraid all you can do is wait until Tuesday and then ring them again.
    Yeah just waiting is a pain in ass hope letter ready on Tuesday then I can let esa people know it on it way.
    It's the health assessment providers you need to ring not ESA/DWP.
    Yeah I know just got mix up by say esa I meant health assessment they in Newcastle I keep them in touch.
    well good luck today with your letter from doctor zenkoblue just try keep calm and keep us updated please will you be posting it to assessment centre normal postage envelope.
    edited April 2019
    Doctors letter done but not signed got wait till 3 pm see if the doctor signed it and hopeful get it posted today. I think I may send it special postage so get it on the same day depends if I can do that.

Oh just phone assessment centre they not even look at my claim again yet what ever next there me worry about letter and they sit on there hands.

Oh well just got hope I get my doctors letter today. That be out my mind and worrys
    Oh dear why tell you they looking at it again then.were they ok with you when you told them your sending another letter.
    Yeah they fine with me send a second letter it should help look like it be 4 pm till I get my letter now hopefully got time to post it today. Going out my mind just get a letter I be glad when it sorted.
    Yes I know it's all worry hope it all goes well with letter
    Feel like screaming 😱 it now going take 5 pm end surgery.So it be in morning when I get the letter. Well lest I have time get same day deliver at post office so not bad thing then it nearly over.

Oh I re phoned assessment centre they put a note down about it be this week for letter.

gl dixiegirl.
    Awww great news good luck to you too.
    Least you won't be rushing last min tomorrow  get a wee read at it first lol.gl
    Ty so much that all I can do oh yeah got read it first lol 😆 
    Just do recorded delivery now save some money zenkoblue 
    Oh good idea I forgot about that thanks dixiegirl
    😀now calm down
    Yeah off have a burger 🍔 heh same too you dixiegirl
    No real my son's gona bring me one too  cause not been eating lol
    Lovely hamburger 🍔 last night anyway update got my letter posted special deliver so they should get it Thursday afternoon. What a letter it really good can’t remover it all now but it got me down as a bit agoraphobia and my mam been in bad health and my suicide last year.

i got shocking letter this morning new appointment on 7 th may say don’t worry it sent out automatic so they better hurry up and cancel it gave me home visit heh.

i find out more later in week if got letter etc.
    Oh great least that's that bit over with.omg what fright giving you the other appointment tho lol. Same date as mine (Hope not) you will feel  better now I hope.i hope to get my letter posted today all going well too.what is special delivery zenkoblue.gl anyway
    Pay £6 gets there next day signed for proof they got it cos you can trace it 
    Thank you dotty.does recorded delivery not do that
    Yeah it better but you got pay £6 more money heh lest it out the way. Oh gl with your letter dixiegirl hope it does the trick and we both get home visit going phone maybe Thursday afternoon or Friday morning.
    Yes think so 
    Recorded can take up to 3dYs other is next day and signed so they can’t say didn’t get it 
    Oh good ty dotty they should get it 😊
    Thanks same to you I hope you get sorted also.
    Good luck too you both.not real what we have to go through system definitely all wrong.🤔
    It should be stopped and left alone x
  • fiesta56fiesta56 Member Posts: 41 Listener
    Ho how did u get on
Sign in or join us to comment.