Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Lost PIP after 31 years
I have just been taken off Dla/pip after thirty one years, I have been told that I am physically fit to work, well i was not on this benefit for my physical state, I was on it for my mental state.... I suffer with Anti-social personality disorder and narsasistic personality disorder, I have been diagnosed with these disorders since the 5th of February 1987....a an i will have them for the rest of my life, the benefits I was on are to try and help me fit in to the community, that has now been taken away from me, without the benefits, I am home prisoner, I will not venture out on my own, because I still don't class myself as a member of society,ev ev though I left hospital 12 years ago, I am unsure of the community and who can be trusted,d do I have any grounds to reapply and ask for another assessment........ yours sincerely..lee Whitlock
- 55.2K All Categories
- 10.8K Start here and say hello!
- 5.3K Coffee lounge
- 4.1K Disability rights and campaigning
- 1.6K Research and opportunities
- 160 Community updates
- 12.3K Talk about your situation
- 1.8K Children, parents, and families
- 837 Work and employment
- 600 Education
- 1.2K Housing, transport, and independent living
- 1.1K Aids, adaptations, and equipment
- 301 Dating, sex, and relationships
- 268 Exercise and accessible facilities
- 22.2K Talk about money
- 2.3K Benefits and financial support
- 4.5K Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)
- 12.8K PIP, DLA, and AA
- 2.7K Universal Credit (UC)
- 4.2K Talk about your impairment
- 1.4K Cerebral palsy
- 704 Chronic pain and pain management
- 718 Rare, invisible, and undiagnosed conditions
- 771 Autism and neurodiversity
- 951 Mental health and wellbeing
- 314 Sensory impairments
Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.
Do you need advice on your energy costs?
Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.