Lost PIP after 31 years — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Lost PIP after 31 years

warlock2668
warlock2668 Community member Posts: 1 Listener
edited April 2019 in PIP, DLA, and AA
I have just been taken off Dla/pip after thirty one years, I have been told that I am physically fit to work, well i was not on this benefit for my physical state, I was on it for my mental state.... I suffer with Anti-social personality disorder and narsasistic personality disorder, I have been diagnosed with these disorders since the 5th of February 1987....a an i will have them for the rest of my life, the benefits I was on are to try and help me fit in to the community, that has now been taken away from me, without the benefits, I am home prisoner, I will not venture out on my own, because I still don't class myself as a member of society,ev ev though I left hospital 12 years ago, I am unsure of the community and who can be trusted,d do I have any grounds to reapply and ask for another assessment........ yours sincerely..lee Whitlock

Comments

• steve51
    steve51 Community member Posts: 7,153 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @warlock2668

Good Morning  & Welcome!!!!!

I am very very sorry to hear about your current problems with there
    "Pip Assessment”. 

Believe me you are not on your own.

We have got many members who have just started there “Pip Assessment” 

And other members who have gone through the process.

Please  please let me know if there’s anything that I can help you with???

@steve51

• CockneyRebel
    CockneyRebel Community member Posts: 5,209 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @warlock2668 and welcome

Was this a change from DLA to PIP ?
    If so then the criteria is different, PIP is awarded based on your ability to carry out some daily activities
    The first stage is to ask for a mandatory reconsideration. Have a look at the PIP descriptors and give 2-3 examples of what happens when you attempt each activity.
    MH problems are very hard to secure an award for, you will need input from your GP and or health care team.
    If possible you should get trained help from an advice agency near you, CAB, Welfare rights or similar
    I am sure that other members will have some advice for you
    Be all you can be, make  every day count. Namaste
  • Ami2301
    Ami2301 Community member Posts: 7,942 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @warlock2668 welcome to the community! Sorry to hear what has happened, @CockneyRebel is absolutely right. Please let us know if you have any further questions :)
    Disability Gamechanger - 2019
  • zakblood
    zakblood Community member Posts: 419 Pioneering
    sorry to hear your story and again feel for you, i'm in the process of going down the Tribunal route myself, after 20 years of spinal arthritis to now be told i'm cured and fit for work also with a 0 point score, after 5 assessments and 3 passed and one failed with 1 point less than i needed, now with a 0 score, when others says the goal posts haven't moved, and forms been filled in the same as the last 5, something has altered now in my eyes and mind, and it seems the system isn't going down the route of medical date accepted no longer, it's all down to how you are on the day, or was we me, as assessor disagreed with almost everything i put and overruled the lot, so your not alone, hope you well and good luck on what ever you decide to do, i also feel for you and your pain, as i'm in the same boat with different issues, but the same outcome

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.