Universal credit help please — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Universal credit help please

nicko17
nicko17 Community member Posts: 2 Listener
Hi I was recieving pip for 6 years enhanced rate, we were on income support until I scored 0 on a reassement we were told to apply for universal credit which we have however just before the tribunal pip overturned their decision awarding me enhanced daily and standard mobility, our online account for our first universal credit payment has updated and we are getting a standard allowance (joint) housing and one child. However my partner claims carers, i have provided sick note but not had my assessment yet. There is no top ups anything on the payment. First payment is £576. As they have detucted my partners carers and social fund loans, after rent we have £200 left. But I thought we got extra for the carers and i got extra because I am sick? This has made me really worse off because PIP scored me 0 then overturned it! Is there anything I can do, should we be getting a top up can i apply for esa now my pip is back, we cant not cope on 576 a month with 370 rent! I have messaged but it takes them over 2 weeks to respond! Thank you

Comments

• CockneyRebel
    CockneyRebel Community member Posts: 5,209 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @nicko17 and welcome

Once you are on UC there is no return to ESA.
    Why were you advised to claim UC ?
    Be all you can be, make  every day count. Namaste
  • nicko17
    nicko17 Community member Posts: 2 Listener
    Because my pip stopped due to 0 points it has been reassessed now and back in payment but theres no carers payment (the 160) and theres nothing about my sickness on there. Its all a mess because dwp decided to score me 0 then overturned it once uc had been claimed :/
  • Ami2301
    Ami2301 Community member Posts: 7,942 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @nicko17 welcome to the community! Sorry to hear what has happened. Have you tried speaking to your local CAB?
    Disability Gamechanger - 2019
  • steve51
    steve51 Community member Posts: 7,153 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @nicko17

Welcome to our online community/family.

I am very very sorry to hear about your current situation.

I am glad to hear that @CockneyRebel is helping you.

You are in “Great Hands” 

“Believe Me”

@steve51
  • Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 10,821 Scope online community team
    Hi @nicko17

I'm very sorry to read this (although I'm glad your PIP has been reinstated). Unfortunately as @CockneyRebel says you can't now apply for ESA.

However the amounts you are receiving do not seem correct. 
    Is your partner still receiving Carer's Allowance? This is deducted £ for £ from your Universal Credit. However, there should then be a 'Carers Element' added to your UC. Have you made them aware your partner is caring for someone and you are now in receipt of PIP? 
    Unfortunately, until you have a WCA (which you should be referred for after handing in fit notes for 29 days) there won't be any extra for you being unable to work. 

Journal messages can take a while to be picked up. I'd strongly advise giving them a call tomorrow and going through this with them. They should at the very least be able to update the carers element for you. 

Let us know how you get on. 
    Community Manager
    Scope

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.