Universal Credit
If this is your first visit, check out the community guide. You will have to Join us or Sign in before you can post.

Universal credit help please

nicko17nicko17 Member Posts: 2 Listener
Hi I was recieving pip for 6 years enhanced rate, we were on income support until I scored 0 on a reassement we were told to apply for universal credit which we have however just before the tribunal pip overturned their decision awarding me enhanced daily and standard mobility, our online account for our first universal credit payment has updated and we are getting a standard allowance (joint) housing and one child. However my partner claims carers, i have provided sick note but not had my assessment yet. There is no top ups anything on the payment. First payment is £576. As they have detucted my partners carers and social fund loans, after rent we have £200 left. But I thought we got extra for the carers and i got extra because I am sick? This has made me really worse off because PIP scored me 0 then overturned it! Is there anything I can do, should we be getting a top up can i apply for esa now my pip is back, we cant not cope on 576 a month with 370 rent! I have messaged but it takes them over 2 weeks to respond! Thank you


  • CockneyRebelCockneyRebel Member Posts: 5,257 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @nicko17 and welcome

    Once you are on UC there is no return to ESA.
    Why were you advised to claim UC ?
    Be all you can be, make  every day count. Namaste
  • nicko17nicko17 Member Posts: 2 Listener
    Because my pip stopped due to 0 points it has been reassessed now and back in payment but theres no carers payment (the 160) and theres nothing about my sickness on there. Its all a mess because dwp decided to score me 0 then overturned it once uc had been claimed :/
  • Ami2301Ami2301 Community Co-Production Group Posts: 7,745 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @nicko17 welcome to the community! Sorry to hear what has happened. Have you tried speaking to your local CAB?
    Disability Gamechanger - 2019
  • steve51steve51 Member Posts: 7,175 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @nicko17

    Welcome to our online community/family.

    I am very very sorry to hear about your current situation.

    I am glad to hear that @CockneyRebel is helping you.

    You are in “Great Hands” 

    “Believe Me”

  • Adrian_ScopeAdrian_Scope Testing team Posts: 7,998

    Scope community team

    Hi @nicko17

    I'm very sorry to read this (although I'm glad your PIP has been reinstated). Unfortunately as @CockneyRebel says you can't now apply for ESA.

    However the amounts you are receiving do not seem correct. 
    Is your partner still receiving Carer's Allowance? This is deducted £ for £ from your Universal Credit. However, there should then be a 'Carers Element' added to your UC. Have you made them aware your partner is caring for someone and you are now in receipt of PIP? 
    Unfortunately, until you have a WCA (which you should be referred for after handing in fit notes for 29 days) there won't be any extra for you being unable to work. 

    Journal messages can take a while to be picked up. I'd strongly advise giving them a call tomorrow and going through this with them. They should at the very least be able to update the carers element for you. 

    Let us know how you get on. 
    Community Manager
Sign in or join us to comment.