PASTA SALADS — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

PASTA SALADS

thespiceman
thespiceman Community member Posts: 6,388 Disability Gamechanger

Hello every one  . When it is warm and sunny. I do a Pasta Salad.

Easy to do and does not take long to prepare.

I use the following Pasta shapes. Fusilli, Penne, also Orzo.  You can use tubes or shells like Conchiglie.

If you have in your stores bottled dressings.

Like Vinaigrette or Honey and Mustard.

You can use Mayonnaise or Mustard with Lemon juice, touch. If you wish to. One teaspoon of each.  I buy bottled Lemon juice lot easier.

The supermarket sell a range of vegetables called Anti Pasti. These are in Oil.  Usually Sundried Tomatoes, Artichokes, Peppers.  Peppers have been roasted gives them a smoky flavour saves time.

There are others as well.  Aubergines, Zucchini.

Olives is another store cupboard stand by.

You can use those packs of Italian deli meats like Salami or Prosciutto  Italian ham .

Anything like Parma Ham used that a few times.

Favourite is Cold Chicken cooked which I bag double wrapped in the freezer.  Defrosted. Seafood mix with Prawns, Mussels, defrosted already cooked.

METHOD

In a pan boiling water salted a handful of Pasta your choice.   When cooked . When drained to a bowl I use add Olive oil.

Leave it do not rinse in cold water this means the Pasta soggy not good.  When cold Pasta.  Ready to use.

Dressings make up or from a bottle. Can be added with any diced meat or drained vegetables from Anti Pasti jars.

You could use  the oil from the jar with Lemon juice as a dressing.

Mix together with cold Pasta.  In a bowl.

Something I also do use up any left over vegetables fridge. Cook them first then leave to cool.  Drizzle some Balsamic Vinegar on them.  You can buy small bottles.

Do this with Peppers or Zucchini. 

Hope that helps easy meal times.

Thanks every one.

Buon   Appetito

Community Champion
SCOPE Volunteer Award Engaging Communities 2019
Mental Health advice, guidance and information to all members
Nutrition, Diet, Wellbeing, Addiction.
Recipes

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.