Been playing a game with CARL58 — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Been playing a game with CARL58

Options
CARL58
CARL58 Community member Posts: 178 Courageous
Hi was playing a game with CARL58 how much things cost,every answer was a pound,so I asked him to think about the next item fish & chips cost within 3mins he had forgotten the question,so I asked again answer a pound,I asked about 10 different things,when I explained the true cost he burst into tears I didn't do it to upset him,I wouldn't hurt him for the world,I know he's declined in the last 12mths,but didn't realise he didn't have a clue on costs.its upset me knowing I've upset him,but you can't explain to him why I've done it,gp didn't seem that concerned on his last home visit that he had gone down hill was more interested in getting his osteoarthritis pain under control jen

Comments

• Ami2301
    Ami2301 Community member Posts: 7,942 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi Jen, sorry to hear that Carl got upset. It is not your fault, try not to feel bad but I know that's easier said than done. We all know you have no intention of making him upset. You're a brilliant friend to Carl. Be kind to yourself :)
    Disability Gamechanger - 2019
  • CARL58
    CARL58 Community member Posts: 178 Courageous
    Options
    Ami2301 thanks for that, what's upsetting you just have to look at CARL58 to see he's ill & in constant pain nobody should have to take 23 different prescribed tabs aday, that's just to keep him going,if you wasn't ill and ones the big M for pain, having to prove your ill is degrading, I'll fight them All the way if I have to I've local MP in place, also a legal team in place if pip give zero points,I've had do this without CARL58 knowing.they want a battle there get one,but in all hope it won't come to that.my mother's coming from Canada next week,not seen her for 5yrs,she knows all about CARL58. Plus she's a fully qualified senior nurse, which will help me,she will kick some backsides and  bet social services will be her first target, Canadian law maybe abit different but she'd have read up on British law good night all god bless jen

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.