Worried about assessment outcome — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Worried about assessment outcome

Magimoo
Magimoo Community member Posts: 2 Listener
edited April 2019 in PIP, DLA, and AA
I had the dreaded assessment on Wednesday last week. I have been suffering with depression, anxiety, ptsd, and have diagnosis of bpd. 
I have a vast amount of help from my mum and daughter. My mum attended with me. I'm so concerned and my anxiety is through the roof.. The assessor didn't take copies of my evidence including my diary. A letter from my mum explaining my problems and the impact they have  Also therapy class appointments and psychiatric reports. I can only assume this isn't a good thing  I feel as though I'm being tortured with worry. I wondered if this has happened to others and what outcome they had . Thanks for reading  x

Comments

• Ami2301
    Ami2301 Community member Posts: 7,942 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @Magimoo welcome to the community! Sorry to hear this. Did you send the supporting evidence when you first sent your PIP form back? 
    Disability Gamechanger - 2019
  • Magimoo
    Magimoo Community member Posts: 2 Listener
    To be honest I had very little that was up to date ie within last 6 months. I was waiting for psychiatric report and recent therapies. I'd only just been assigned a support worker. I did ask for letter from psychiatrist but he said pip will write if they need one .i think I took it for granted that I could pass evidence on day of assessment.. 
    It didn't occur to me that it would be refused  this is my first pip assessment. 
  • Ami2301
    Ami2301 Community member Posts: 7,942 Disability Gamechanger
    Assessors have a limited time (45 mins/1 hour) set for each assessment. Therefore, they do not have time to read all of the evidence. It is best to wait until you receive your decision letter.

If you are refused, please do not worry- - although that's easier said than done. We have lots of information and a community full of knowledgeable members who will be happy to help you and support you :)
    Disability Gamechanger - 2019
  • thespiceman
    thespiceman Community member Posts: 6,388 Disability Gamechanger

Hello @Magimoo  Pleased to meet you welcome.

Thank you for joining and sharing.

Sorry to hear your experiences of the assessment.  Also sorry to hear you not too good.

I am one of the team of community champions who guide advise and help new members who join the forum.

I understand what you are going through. I have been doing the benefit system a long time and still get anxious. I myself have anxiety and depression.

What is important to give you a lot of reassurance. You are not alone with this.

Please can I add you have a support worker. That is there role to help and advise, guide you through this.   Please contact them let them know about how you are?

I think hindsight is a wonderful thing. What if and wish the assessor was doing the right thing . Looking at evidence. Wish If I could have done more.

One point I would like to emphasise is that you are a part of our community . We are here to listen, be supportive. Ask any questions.  Any problems or issues be happy to help.

Hope that helps you.

Here to a positive outcome. Please keep the community informed.

Please take care.

@thespiceman

Community Champion
    SCOPE Volunteer Award Engaging Communities 2019
    Mental Health advice, guidance and information to all members
    Nutrition, Diet, Wellbeing, Addiction.
    Recipes
  • CockneyRebel
    CockneyRebel Community member Posts: 5,209 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @Magimoo and welcome

If you now have relevant evidence in support of your claim, then you should send copies to the DWP and ask that it be included in your claim before a decision is made
    Be all you can be, make  every day count. Namaste
  • Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 10,821 Scope online community team
    Welcome to the community @Magimoo. While it's much easier said than done, please try not to worry until you hear back about the decision. The wait can be tough, but whatever the outcome, we have lots of great resources and plenty of people here who will be happy to advise. Just let us know what you need. :)
    Community Manager
    Scope

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.