PIP, DLA and AA
If this is your first visit, check out the community guide. You will have to Join us or Sign in before you can post.

Am I eligible for PIP?

Hotdog1302Hotdog1302 Member Posts: 1 Listener
edited April 2019 in PIP, DLA and AA
Hi I have type one diabetes and neuropathy high blood pressure retinopathy vertigo could I get pip thanx

Replies

• Ami2301Ami2301 Member Posts: 7,418 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @Hotdog1302 welcome to the community! PIP is not based on a diagnosis, instead it Is based on how your condition affects your ability to carry out daily activities and if it affects your mobility.

Have you tried our PIP self-test? Let us know if you have any further questions :)
    Disability Gamechanger - 2019
  • Adrian_ScopeAdrian_Scope Testing team Posts: 7,923

Scope community team

Welcome to the community @Hotdog1302! :smiley: As Ami said, PIP is not awarded based on a diagnosis, but on how it affects your daily life. When applying for PIP it's important to be mindful of the descriptors.
    Senior Community Partner
    Scope

Your feedback is really important to the development of the online community, so please remember to complete our online community annual survey
  • twonkertwonker Posts: 617 Member
    edited April 2019
    Hi I have type one diabetes and neuropathy high blood pressure retinopathy vertigo could I get pip thanx
    I too have type 1 insulin dependent diabetes and I had trouble trying to find any descriptor that fitted - there isn't one as I self inject and maintain my blood sugar levels at a reasonable level.
    High blood pressure should be under control with medication.
Sign in or join us to comment.