To those disabled, and unable to work - How do you occupy yourself on a day-to-day basis? - Page 3 — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

To those disabled, and unable to work - How do you occupy yourself on a day-to-day basis?

13»

Comments

• April2018mom
    April2018mom Posts: 2,882 Disability Gamechanger
    Have you tried photography? It is a good hobby to have. 
  • GettinOlde
    GettinOlde Community member Posts: 495 Pioneering
    Wallowing in self-pitty and spending too much time at this keyboard. (feeling grumpy)
    Resident joker - not to be taken too seriously ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
  • brydiedwards
    brydiedwards Community member Posts: 31 Courageous
    Hi @Earlysound ! Sorry to hear that you've had negative reactions to your situation in the past, people's ignorance can be so frustrating, but it's great that you don't feel you have to reveal more than you're comfortable with. Due to limited mobility/people's reactions when I'm in public, I spend a lot of time at home and have had trouble trying to fill it with things I enjoy. The few things I've found that really keep me occupied however are comedy podcasts (particularly Russell Brand on Radio X, or Off Menu), cooking, discovering new music, painting and other crafts like embroidery/knitting (except I can never keep at them), reading, and I'm not ashamed to say I watch a LOT of TV. I am also an Online Community Champion with Scope, as I wanted to find a volunteer role I could do online, and the hours are completely up to you so I recommend it :) 
  • April2018mom
    I love baking. I made vanilla cupcakes today with the kids. I’m hoping to start dancing lessons in the fall and am looking for a new tutor as well. I’m about to start a new job on Monday too. It’s in a office not far away. 
  • Ails
    Ails Community member Posts: 2,256 Disability Gamechanger
    Well done on your new job, @April2018mom and I hope it goes well for you.  :smiley:
    Winner of the Scope New Volunteer Award 2019.   :)
  • April2018mom
  • thespiceman
    thespiceman Community member Posts: 6,388 Disability Gamechanger
    Hello @April2018mom   Best wishes in your new job .

Hope everything works out and is successful.

Take care.

@thespiceman
    Community Champion
    SCOPE Volunteer Award Engaging Communities 2019
    Mental Health advice, guidance and information to all members
    Nutrition, Diet, Wellbeing, Addiction.
    Recipes

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.